I need help connecting online

Rangers94

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2006
Wii Online Code
3065-6413-9926-3094
I just got a new optimum cable modem called SBV5120. I tried searching for an access point, couldn't find it. I'm trying to manually connect but there is no SSID or wep key for this modem. The only info located on the router is a bunch of MAC ID numbers a PIN number and a S/N number. If anyone can tell me what to do, it'd be helpful.

Last edited:
you need to make sure that your router is broadcasting the ssid or, alternatively, go to the router setup page (you'll access that through your browser) and get the ssid that way.

Good luck,

Dr. Mom

Dr. Mom said:
you need to make sure that your router is broadcasting the ssid or, alternatively, go to the router setup page (you'll access that through your browser) and get the ssid that way.

Good luck,

Dr. Mom

I spoke to a technician and he told me that the cable modem I have does not have a SSID or wep key.

That's just a cable modem, it's not a wireless router. The SSID and WEP keys are things configured in a router.

Skippy said:
That's just a cable modem, it's not a wireless router. The SSID and WEP keys are things configured in a router.

umm..ok. so is there a way for me to connect to the wii online thing or do I have to buy an accessory item like that wii usb thing?

Back