I need help on getting better at knifing!

Rune636

WiiChat Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kalamazoo, MI
Hey, my name is Rune, and i am a knifer but lately i have not been doing so well, i mean i just started knifing but i started off good, but then later on it went bad so i thought i should change my sight dot but it got me nowhere, someone please help me!

play zombies, buy a bowie knife, and go knife only on zombies
that should help your knifing skills

But does that compare to a Ballistic Knife? and if it does where in zombies do i get it, i never played zombies because it is kinda boring.

Knifing zombies will do nothing for you.
If you want to learn and fast play gun game BUT knife only and do not use your gun.

I do that to piss people off "knifing" them for that sweet humiliation
but I can tell you this...that knifing HELPED ME a lot in TDM, Demo, SnD

If you want to learn and fast play gun game BUT knife only and do not use your gun.

Well i am talking about ballistic knife not just normal, and also if someone shoots you while you knife and you want to run up to them and knife them what is the best way to get to them without getting shot? If you have anything you want me to know about knifing please share with me.

also if someone shoots you while you knife and you want to run up to them and knife them what is the best way to get to them without getting shot?

If you know they are on the other side, you can throw a stun grenade, turn the corner and dive so that they can't aim at you in time. Makes for a sweet kill cam as well. Lotta fun.

EDIT: ^^^ Don't you try to Ninja me, J. -.-

Well i am talking about ballistic knife not just normal, and also if someone shoots you while you knife and you want to run up to them and knife them what is the best way to get to them without getting shot? If you have anything you want me to know about knifing please share with me.

I can tell you right now, the Ballistic knife is damn-hard to use properly. Moving targets at a distance, combined with the thing's drop off and not-as-good ricochet as the Tomahawk, it can be a challenge for even pros to use. All I can say is practice makes perfect; if you can make an offline multiplayer lobby with two controllers (or if you can do it with just one, nowadays...), literally pick a target on Firing Range, and shoot away until you get a good feel for it's speed and drop off. If something like that ain't possible, all you can really do is wing it on Live Multiplayer until you get it.

Some general tips for Ballistic aiming is if you KNOW your target is moving in a certain direction, aim ahead a certain amount depending on your distance away, height differential, etc. Stuff you have to learn by experience, really.

Anywho, for a knife-dedicated class, ever heard of OnlyUseMeBlade on youtube? He commentates matches with, you guessed it: knife only. I know he definatly did MW2, unsure of Black Ops, but listening to his strategy and the like from a few videos will definatly give you some tips. Knife only still works, it's just more difficult now that you can't be a cheap douche with commando.

Also, as a general rule for knifing, learn every map's layout to the point you can move about it without thinking, and know exactly where you're going without a moment's hesitation. More importantly, try to dash about the map's out edges too, running in open and highly-trafficed choke points with a knife is bringing a blade to a gun fight; stupid and won't get you anywhere. Gotta make like a Ninja and take people out one by one, without drawing attention.

And on that note, I've gotta say I havn't played CoD since MW2, I've just watched plenty of videos of in on youtube, and that's my interpretation to strategy for knife-only, lol. I could be dead-on right, or completely wrong! xD And regardless of what I said working, it never will without skill and practice. So, yeah. Practice makes perfect.

Dude ballistic and regular knife is the same thing only difference is you get to shoot
mini knife things.

Now if someone is shooting at you and you run at them to knife
best thing to do is obviously take cover until they reload

at that point run out and KNIFE
OR you can run around the enemies fire and KNIFE. Trust me
'just do Gun Game and knife ONLY it will so help you out.

Dude ballistic and regular knife is the same thing only difference is you get to shoot
mini knife things.

Advice coming from a real Ballistic pro, right? :lol:

I'm no grammar nazi, but ya should stop abusing enter, tab, whatever the hell's making your text cut off and drop down like that. It's rather annoyin', lol.

Last edited:
I blame it on that Magicarp!!
and not necessarily ballistic knife pro but over all knifer pro because of Gun Game.

Ah man my best record is 0 Gun kills && 48 Stabs on Gun Game.
I made so many people rage on me via mic that time LOL

Ah man my best record is 0 Gun kills && 48 Stabs on Gun Game.
I made so many people rage on me via mic that time LOL

2 things:
1. Why does knifing people in a game where they use guns they aren't used to/skilled with make you better than just knifing in TDM?

2. I would imagine people rage at you. That is they dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Wasting time playing a Wager Match to not try to win, but make everyone else mad while you "improve your knifing skills".

I blame it on that Magicarp!!

Yeah, blame everything on Magikarp, 'cause he's got it all. Real mature, man...

YOU AIN'T NO GREATEST GAME HERO! D:<

Wasting time playing a Wager Match to not try to win, but make everyone else mad while you "improve your knifing skills".

Trolling is not wasting time, J. It's wasting everyone else's. CoD endorses said n00bishness. That's just the way it is, bro. =/

Like life. 99% trolls and douchebags. :lol:

Well thank you SSBfreakCK, you really helped me a lot with the advice, but thank you everyone else i am going to try gun game, the reload knifing thing, and everything you guys said. Thanks everyone.

Well thank you SSBfreakCK, you really helped me a lot with the advice, but thank you everyone else i am going to try gun game, the reload knifing thing, and everything you guys said. Thanks everyone.

My pleasure, bro. :thumbsup:

But, uh... careful with gun game and knife only. Prolonging the game since you'll be doing nothing but de-ranking everyone will get people pissed at you, lol. Knifing on gun-game instead of any other mode won't really do anything special for practice anyways, I'd imagine.

Back