i need help regarding the nintendo wifi connector

00paddy00

WiiChat Member
Jun 10, 2007
hi..

i live in australia and i am a proud wii owner and i am thinking about buying a wifi connector for my wii but alll the hype seems to be about the nintendo ds capabilities, i would mainly be using itfor the virtual channel or the shopping chanel to download classic games..

so i was wondering if it was worth getting it yet or wait until things are properly set up for australian users..

The Wifi adapter isn't a very good solution. Have you considered buying a real wireless access point instead?

What do you mean "properly setup for australian users?"

oh ok the wifi adapter just seamed like an easier option, what do i have to get a wirless access point?

i dont no what i was talking about

I'm from Australia to! I have tried the wifi adapter and quite frankly, it sucks, compared to a wireless access point, otherwise known as a wireless router.
My wifi adapter didn't work at all, and you have to have the computer turned on to access online on the wii and ds, a wireless router can work even without the computer on. Things you need:
1. A high speed internet connection (non dial-up)
2. A wireless router

and that's it!

i have broadban internet and the only thing i wasnt sure about that was if i had to put in a new phone line to use it

Broadband is great! If and when you purchase a wireless router, it will have an ethernet cable that goes from the modem to the wireless router, no other phone lines necissary!

Just get a wireless router to connect to your computer that comes with the wireless usb connector obviously and connect your wii that way...plain and simple...

Oceanic said:
ethernet or usb?
lmao..most likely his computer is connected via ethernet...thats what i would assume....this could be something really hard to explain to him..lol

Right, I am Australian and I do not know what you mean with, "Until things are set up properly for Australian Users". We, in Australia, have everything America has.

Also I was in the same situation as you 2 weeks ago. I have Telstra ADSL and I was going to buy a WiFi adapter but decided against it and got a wireless router. I went to WOW Sight and Sound, you probably have one near where you live, and bought a D-Link DI-525 wireless router for $79. I unplugged the my computer from my modem and instead plugged that cable into the wireless router. I then plugged my computer into the router using the supplied cable. You then enter the IP address of the router into your internet browser and set it up. It only took 2 minutes and I won't go into it as the manual explains it very well but it was that simple. For $79 I got a wireless access point that works seamlessly and can be used by laptops, desktops and most importantly my Wii.

Back