I need help

Ryan787

WiiChat Member
Dec 31, 2007
Ok

I have a wireless router and its hooked up to my DSL broadband, but when my wii is in the process of finding a wireless communication it finds my communication and when it uploads it wants me to give a password.

Does anyone know how to change security settings on a wireless router?

Please help!

Last edited:
But i don't know my password! Thats the problem!

ok lol so what u do is look under the router or look in the manual and it will give you a (wap-bsk) wifi code with quite a number of letters and numners if i helped please give reputation? have good time online! same thing happened to me! lol

Ryan787 said:
Ok

I have a wireless router and its hooked up to my DSL broadband, but when my wii is in the process of finding a wireless communication it finds my communication and when it uploads it wants me to give a password.

Does anyone know how to change security settings on a wireless router?

Please help!

Hi there,

is this password asked when you are creating the WiFi settings in the Wii ?
Or do you mean that the Wii asks the password when som channel tries to connect to network ?

There are several alternatives to how you can configure the wireless LAN security:
* No security. Don't even think to use this. Only for connection testing and such.
* several different standards for password authentication. These may also encrypt the communication between the machines.
- personally I use the simpliest WPA-PSK. This only needs a simple letter-number-combination for password that let's one access my WLAN.
I have a 10-character password I have given in myself.

* limit the access to certain machines by their MAC address.

If you do not want to use any passwords you can find the Wii's MAC address in it's options. Then put this in the routers WLAN configuration.

You can always change the passwords needed for encryptions and security in the routers configurations.

If you want, you can PrivateMessage me ...

Last edited:
Usually when you buy a router and install it on your computer it will ask you if you want to lock the wifi with a password, if you didnt install the router on your computer than probably your dad did so ask him what the password is.

jjrules352 said:
if i helped please give reputation?

:lol: no one cares about rep except you :lol:
Have you tried asking whomever installed your router? Chances are they'll know.

Back