I need help!

we wii

WiiChat Member
Jan 13, 2008
I figure why not ask here. Okay, so I'm trying to connect the internet on my Wii. So I clicked "search for access point" and one popped up. It requires a password though, how do I get it? I'd really appreciate a response. :scared:

Okay the password was on the bottom of my router box. I put it and it works but the connection fails each time probably due to the fact that I don't have a LAN adapter. Did it come with the Wii? I can't believe I would have missed it.. but anyway..

Okay I'm so stupid on this subject.. :S forgive me.. so if I use a wireless connection.. do I need the adapter? owww my brain hurts..lol

Last edited:
so im guessing your router isn't wireless? in that case yes, you need to buy a LAN adapter. If the router is wireless, you shouldn't need anything extra.

we wii said:
Okay the password was on the bottom of my router box. I put it and it works but the connection fails each time probably due to the fact that I don't have a LAN adapter. Did it come with the Wii? I can't believe I would have missed it.. but anyway..

Okay I'm so stupid on this subject.. :S forgive me.. so if I use a wireless connection.. do I need the adapter? owww my brain hurts..lol
If it is wireless, then you don't usually need a password.

Wii has wireless built in

If you use a wireless router then you do not need the WIFI WII adapter.
If your router is wireless and it prompted you for a password, then it is either using WEP or WPA-PSK security/password. Find out which of the 2 protocols you are using and check your router settings, there may be other items you need to configure with your Router as well, in which case you'll need to review your router manual.

are you sure it's even your network your attempting to connect to? (assuming its a wireless connection). Cuz whenever i search for access points w/ my Wii, DS, or PSP i find several other than my own, some of which are locked and require passwords.

Back