i need some help.

owlsgo

czech me out.
Oct 1, 2007
melbourne, australia.
Wii Online Code
2882-9149-7173-3516
recently i acquired a wii lan adapter from nintendo australia pty ltd. i unplugged the connection from my pc, [i have a motorolla cable modem.] and plugged it into the lan adapter, which then plugged into the wii.

it worked fine and i browsed the news, weather and shopping channels.

a week later, i've gone to get 2000 wii points and a classic controller. i plug the net into the wii. i recieve error 52021. i don't know what to do. i've been searching around the internet about information about the above-mentioned error and have found very little.

not only that, but i'm dull when it comes to the jargon. dsl? etc etc. i figure if it worked the way i set it up last time, why doesn't it work now?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps: i've searched the forum. two other people have had the same issue... and in both threads, it was unresolved. no one helped.

:shocked:

well, i dont know if you do this but everytime you switch from your wii to the computer then you need to unplug the modem and wait like 20sec then replug it.
this is what i do since i only have 1 modem.

alright. thanks.

it worked.

i unplugged both my wii and my modem for about 5 minutes. for some unknown reason. and it worked.

why is this?

owlsgo said:
alright. thanks.

it worked.

i unplugged both my wii and my modem for about 5 minutes. for some unknown reason. and it worked.

why is this?

u can type ur error message code that u got at nintendo-wifi.com and that will tell you what the problem was and how to fix it....thats what i do when i have problems with the nintendo wifi usb!

when my internet would go out i would call my cable company and the first thing they would tell me to do is unplug my modem for 1min then check.
its very useful now. i think since the modem was syncronized to your computer you had to manually resyncronize it with the wii.

Unplugging the modem, as I understand (it need only be for about 10 seconds) soft resets it and releases the IP addresses it's given to the things on the network, when you plugged the Wii straight in I assume it was trying to access the net through the first IP i.e. the one assigned to your computer. Or something like that, Biology is my forté not IT ;)

Back