I played the Wii today!

wiiwii said:
i think excite truck will shine when you have 2-4 of your buddies over all drinkin some brews and pushing eachother so that one another screw up. i cant wait for the good times to begin

agreed :p

wiicanchangetheworld said:
So Excite Truck sucked ?

It didn't SUCK, but it wasn't all that good of a game. It could keep you entertained for a short time, but I'm not into racing games at all.

LOL at some of the comments mentioned above. Especially Excite truck drinking nights.

I did go to one of the Wii demos that were being held in Australia and I must say it was fun! Some of the games were great with the Wiimote like Wii sports.

I did try the Zelda demo game - that was fun as well! The only downside was that I was not used to using the Wiimote for aiming as I kept moving it offscreen or moving it around too much to actually aim. Another problem I came across was moving the Wiimote as a result of pressing the B button (the button on the back of the Wiimote) after aiming at a particular spot. It caused the cross hairs to shake and as a result make me miss my target on the screen. Did anyone come across that problem?

The attacking was fun. Stab the wiimote in the air to stab with Link and A button to jump attack. Shake the nunchuck left to right and vice versa to do a spin attack. The controls are very easy to use (with the exception of the aiming part of the Wiimote. I guess it takes practice to get the hang of.) and does immerse you into the game.

Where do you live and what gamestop was it. It is hard to believe that you played it there and there wasn't a HUGE line to play it. The only reported place of having a wii is Nintendo World.

WSP92 said:
Where do you live and what gamestop was it. It is hard to believe that you played it there and there wasn't a HUGE line to play it. The only reported place of having a wii is Nintendo World.

Yes, he is making all of this up, it is all a conspiracy. Tin-hats for everyone!

WSP92 said:

Dude, I have pictures. xD Scroll further down on the first page.

I live in New York, and it was a gamestop in southport. (I live in wading river, and I had to go to southport to play the Wii. :D) Well anyway, nobody was there... I went around Dinner Time on purpouse.

if your in australia and want to play the wii then go to the aussie inntendo site and ther be a link showing where and when. i played it today at bondi junction westfield. and out of the games i played(zelda sports duck hunt and excite truck) excite truck had the best graphics. link has nice water and textures and things but doesnt smooth its lines to well.duck hunt in games was alright but menus HORRIBLE sports alright but excite truck was the best. might have just been cause it moved fast i dont know. But yer its way fun and the wiimote is tiny

will7303 said:
if your in australia and want to play the wii then go to the aussie inntendo site and ther be a link showing where and when. i played it today at bondi junction westfield. and out of the games i played(zelda sports duck hunt and excite truck) excite truck had the best graphics. link has nice water and textures and things but doesnt smooth its lines to well.duck hunt in games was alright but menus HORRIBLE sports alright but excite truck was the best. might have just been cause it moved fast i dont know. But yer its way fun and the wiimote is tiny

...Excite truck has some of the worse graphics of the Wii, while Zelda is one of the best... o_O

Jenova said:
...Excite truck has some of the worse graphics of the Wii, while Zelda is one of the best... o_O

Isn't that the exact opposite of what the reviews are saying? I heard excite truck has like the best graphics out of all the launch releases.

May i please kill you? ^.^ jk thats awsome man. im gona cry cuz that hand wasnt mine!!! :mad: lol

vagrant said:
Isn't that the exact opposite of what the reviews are saying? I heard excite truck has like the best graphics out of all the launch releases.

What have you been reading that said Zelda and Red Steel weren't the best? I read IGN, (and I trust their word the most) and they say Excite Truck isn't the best.

By the way, has anyone seen the GT Pro racing game that's coming out for Wii? Apparently it has a free steering wheel and you can clip the wiimote into the middle. There's no reason why you couldn't use it for Excite Truck or any other racer.

steering wheel

UkranianTractor said:
By the way, has anyone seen the GT Pro racing game that's coming out for Wii? Apparently it has a free steering wheel and you can clip the wiimote into the middle. There's no reason why you couldn't use it for Excite Truck or any other racer.

yeah dude and on yahoo tech pics theres a pic of some kind of gun attachment. i'd post it here but im not sure how...i'll find the link if sum1 doesnt beat me to it.

Back