I played the Wii!

The controllers work more than perfect. I haven't had a single problem with them, at all. I tested 4 different controllers on 4 different systems, and on 4 different games and they all worked flawlessly.

Do I want a Wii? HECK YES. Like I said, the controllers work amazing, I just didn't like Wii Tennis, that's all.

Nice!

So what can you tell us from a first hand POV? Is the WiiMote going to be as easy to use in other games as some review sites have said?

was it hard to get used too??? I dont want to get it and start playing it and get anoyed because the sensor doesnt work acuratley and its impossible to use...

yankeesrule13251 said:
was it hard to get used too??? I dont want to get it and start playing it and get anoyed because the sensor doesnt work acuratley and its impossible to use...

It probably will be tricky to grasp at first. It was the same with the first time you ever used a light-gun at the arcade/on your ps1 or when you first use the guitar on Guitar Hero, or the dance mat for DDR, but over time you'll get used to it.

Atleast that's one possibility anyway. >_>

Last edited:
Personally, I say yes. The controller itself is amazing, however the first time I picked it up (And second, and third) I decided to "explore" the wii-mote, all around. The A button seems like it may take some getting used to, and the D-pad is very easily accessable. The trigger button on the bottom lets you easily grasp the wii-mote without having to hold the trigger button down. The trigger is nice and "crisp" and feels smooth when you press it down. When I played, they made me wear the wrist-strap (Which I would have done anyways), but it definitly isn't required.

The design of the controller, just by eyeing it up looks rather... chunky, like it may be uncomfortable to hold, But to be honest, it fits more comfortably in your hands than it looks. It's very smoothe.

If anybody has any other questions, I can TRY to answer them the best I can, but remember, I only had about 15 minutes with it ;D

yankeesrule13251 said:

Actually, other than the A button, it's really easy to get used to.. The only other thing that might take some time, is mastering the sensitivity. I'm sure you'll be able to change it, but as I said before, It felt pretty natural by the time I played my third game (baseball) and even more so when I played Wii Shooting - I completly owned it. :arf:

That feels so relieving to know. :D

Screw biased reviews on game mags and sites, we need more people that know what we want to know, and have experienced things we want to experience like Figroti here.

BlightedArt said:
That feels so relieving to know. :D

Screw biased reviews on game mags and sites, we need more people that know what we want to know, and have experienced things we want to experience like Figroti here.

Glad I could be helpful, and ease things up for you.

You seriously have no idea how lucky I feel to have played the Wii, Even though it comes out in about a month. I kinda wish I wouldn't have.. Now that I know how sweet it is, I wanna play more >.>

Figroti said:
Personally, I say yes. The controller itself is amazing, however the first time I picked it up (And second, and third) I decided to "explore" the wii-mote, all around. The A button seems like it may take some getting used to, and the D-pad is very easily accessable. The trigger button on the bottom lets you easily grasp the wii-mote without having to hold the trigger button down. The trigger is nice and "crisp" and feels smooth when you press it down. When I played, they made me wear the wrist-strap (Which I would have done anyways), but it definitly isn't required.

The design of the controller, just by eyeing it up looks rather... chunky, like it may be uncomfortable to hold, But to be honest, it fits more comfortably in your hands than it looks. It's very smoothe.

If anybody has any other questions, I can TRY to answer them the best I can, but remember, I only had about 15 minutes with it ;D

I have a question. When using the wii remote was there any moments that when you moved the wii remote that the sensor didnt respond or do what you did not want it to do?

Nice tatto, but I have a question, did you actually see the console itself? If you did what do you think are the dimensions?

DragonWii said:
I have a question. When using the wii remote was there any moments that when you moved the wii remote that the sensor didnt respond or do what you did not want it to do?

Not once, the controller moved exactly as I moved it. Every movement had a precise responce, Although there was one kid I was watching who had a problem with it. It appears (from my speculation) that if you move the wii-mote out of the sensor bar's range, (The wii-mote was pointed almost directly at the ground) it may act a bit funny if it's still moving around. This happened once and was only for a split second. This of course, could, or could NOT be the problem. I'm not entirely sure.

Icetrash said:
Nice tatto, but I have a question, did you actually see the console itself? If you did what do you think are the dimensions?

As for seeing the console, I don't recall seeing it. I was way too excited to get my hands on that wondrous Wii-mote.

The exact dimensions as stated by IGN are "8.5 inches long, 6 inches wide and less than two inches thick (the exact dimensions are 157mm x 215.4mm x 44mm.)"

Hope that helps!

The Wii is actually smaller than the Gamecube is, in square inches, if I recall.

I was supposed to go on the Nintendo Fusion Tour, but I had this gigantic project for school, and I couldn't afford to miss it, and I also had work. ;_; I'm glad to hear that it worked well.

Back