I really NEED clarification.

Flesh Warlord

WiiChat Member
Nov 25, 2006
I have asked in a few threads but people are not 100% sure.

I really need to know if my Wii that I will buy in Sweden will play games I buy from Australia. And play on Australian TVs etc.

And the other way around of course.

Thanks alot.

Flesh Warlord said:
I have asked in a few threads but people are not 100% sure.

I really need to know if my Wii that I will buy in Sweden will play games I buy from Australia. And play on Australian TVs etc.

And the other way around of course.

Thanks alot.

The problem is, as its only been launched in the states, people dont really knowfor sure yet but nintendo have said that each console is region locked to each area, though I am sure there will be something coming out similar to freeloader that will let you do what you want as a work around or free loader its self might do the job, we will have to wait and see. I am waiting on the same as would like excite truck, but its not out until next year for the uk. models

sheppy124 said:
The problem is, as its only been launched in the states, people dont really knowfor sure yet but nintendo have said that each console is region locked to each area, though I am sure there will be something coming out similar to freeloader that will let you do what you want as a work around or free loader its self might do the job, we will have to wait and see. I am waiting on the same as would like excite truck, but its not out until next year for the uk. models

Now what I heard was that Nintendo has yet to decide if they are going to be doing region locking, they reported that from some study they did I guess? That they have more profit potential if they sell region free.

It was done on a video interview somewhere. I still don't think they decided on it yet.

xbandaidx said:
Now what I heard was that Nintendo has yet to decide if they are going to be doing region locking, they reported that from some study they did I guess? That they have more profit potential if they sell region free.

It was done on a video interview somewhere. I still don't think they decided on it yet.

Surely they must have decided? All the consoles and games are in boxes waiting to be shipped, or at least i would hope so... Japan launch is in 3-4 days...

They are region locked. It comes down to whether or not Sweden uses the same PAL system as Australia. I would google it, and see what it comes up with. If they use the same PAL system, then you're good to go.

All of Europe is PAL, the same as Australia so you'll be okay.

The only problem is that they will use different plugs in Sweden, so you'll need a European to Australian plug.

xbandaidx said:

They have decided, it is region locked. It would be absolutely impossible to add a region lock after release (remember, America already has Wii's in hand)

Back