I really need some help with my modem.

Ninja soccer mom

WiiChat Member
Jun 15, 2007
So I have a linksys wusb54g version 4 router, and I need to reset the channel on the router to either 1 or 11. easy for the most part except for the fact that all my defaults seem to be changed or something.every time i enter them into the log in thingy so i can change my routers channel, the defaults dont work. Right now i need to reset my modem, but ive looked all over my modem and theres no reset button or pinhole anywhere! can someone help me figure out how to restore this to the factory defaults???

Thats what ive just learned.
wow you have no idea how stupid i feel right now.
Crap, i need to get it back to the factory defaults though.

Its not stupid - its easy to get confused with all the random numbers and letters. There is a tool that would help you choose the right channel. Is your computer wireless and if so are you comfortable installing another piece of software temporarily? The Nintendo suggestion of 1 or 11 isn't actually always the best.

Look on the bottom of your router for the model number

Im fine with adding another piece of software on my computer.
I have a wireless connection on my computer, and the model number is a wusb54g version for wireless g adapter. it says that right next to model number.
Im not very ehh wireless networking friendly as you can tell.
hahahaa.

Ninja soccer mom said:
I have a wireless connection on my computer, and the model number is a wusb54g version for wireless g adapter. it says that right next to model number.

:crazy: No thats not your router. Thats the same mistake you made in the first post! Your router connects to the wall and the internet and not your computer.

well then I dont have a router.
I just have the adapter that plugs directly into my computer.
and thats it.

Back