I really thought I was getting one today. LOL at me.

itzzbalaez

WiiChat Member
Nov 9, 2006
So yea, I was excited as all hell because I heard that Toys R Us was getting over 100 Wii's, and that my Target was getting them in. I also live in a small town so I really thought that all the hardcore people who would want one would have already had one (since my parents won't let me camp out).

I figured getting there at 530 would have been more then enough time. In fact, on my way to Toys R Us, I was thinking maybe I would be the only one there. Yeaa riggghhht.

I get there and there are OVER 200 people there. We stay there figuring we'll get one some how, and by the time the stuck up, prick manager came out, he brings out some list that they never informed me of with over 300 names. He then starts calling names out, and the people who's names are on the list walks to the front of the line proudly, while the rest of us who were never told about a list were flipping out. I should have asked about the list, but last time I called Toys R Us, they said they aren't taking pre-orders of any kind.

O yea.. and I was right about the other hardcore gamers having them already because ALL THAT WAS THERE WAS MOMMIES AND DADDIES FOR THEIR SPOILED BRAT KIDS!! IT HAS BEGUN!! I really see it impossible for myself to get a Wii before Christmas. When I get my car in a week and a half, I'm just going to take my brother and camp out from about 2 or 3 that first weekend (of the 18-19). Hopefully I'll get one.

lol yea pretty sad on my part. I know people will say, stop complaing you should have preordered or that if I wanted one bad enough I could get one. But :
1. I'm not complaining
2. You don't understand how many people live where I live and how little and spread out shipments are.
3. How stupid the people are that work in the stores aroudn here.

I wish I decided I was going to get a Wii a little before I did. I decided I was going to get one at the end of October, when pre-orders sold out about 2 weeks before that..

yeh i sucks how shops screw you over. I pre-ordered mine from GAME, (which is like gamestop in the US) because i knew they would be getting the most in and they would tell me whether i would get one at launch or not when they found out. My brother on the other hand, who i have to say wants this thing like crazy, pre-orderd it from another shop because they were doing a midnight launch. GAME sent me a letter two weeks after i had pre-ordered it telling me i would get one at launch which was great. But my brother went in every day for six weeks asking if he was guaranteed one at launch and they wouldnt tell him. A few days ago they finally told him he wouldn't get one at launch. This sucks because they delibarately waited untill a week before launch to tell him so that he would have no choice but to get it from there.

anyway if you could be bothered reading all this crap i just typed, the moral of the story is........ always listen to me.

sweeney said:
haha you know whats funny? i live in the uk where it comes out 3 weeks later than the US, and i will still get one before you.

Hahaha - classic! Best post on the forum!

yeah that sucks, i got mine today at circuit city, there was not a single mom out because its around 5 degrees out and its snowing. I got to there at 7:45 and they handed out tickets at 8. Good luck finding one.

At least you're getting a car, I'd rather have a car than a Wii. Although gas prices are insane.

Ouch.

I guess it's because the parents threatened to sue Toys R Us if there was no list.

Some how...

But otherwise, 4 mil out by the end of the year.
That's 6 days after Christmas.

Keep hope alive! There's still 28 days left of December!

Trulen, how are you mod?
You just joined in October and have less than 200 posts...?

i'll agree that sucks that you didn't get one. but don't trash the mom's and dad's that actually care enough to get one for their kids. parents who do that for their children are great!

i highly recommend calling the day before and asking for details on how to get one.

wiicanchangetheworld said:
Trulen, how are you mod?
You just joined in October and have less than 200 posts...?

The answer to that, I don't quite exactly know either.
I'm just as surprised as you are ;P

but don't trash the mom's and dad's that actually care enough to get one for their kids. parents who do that for their children are great!

Now that I look at it like that, you're right. And the other guy is right....

When I told my parents I was saving up for the Wii, they probably said in their mind, "Woo! Saves us 275 smackeroos! (this is including tax..ish)"
But I'll get them with games.... And controllers...... I'll get them alright :cool:

And to itzzbalaez, I suggest when you call, talk with a deep voice that'd sound like an older man.
And then make it seem you're a doctor, or a lawyer or something.

I'm pretty sure you might get better answers.
It worked for me when I called stores. I got somewhat definite answers when I tried that compared to when I used my actual voice.

lol ^^ that's funny about talking in a deaper voice. It really does work though when you sound or look older. You get so much more respect and get what you want. But the thing is, I have a deap ass voice already. It's just that I live in NYC and everyone is pissed off about everything and since stores have been getting calls after calls about hte Wii, they just don't want to hear ti any more and just hang up on you, give you no info, or seem pissed and just want to get you off the phone.

And I did call Toys R Us yesterday night to confirma nd see how many they were getting. THe lady said, "we are getting about 100. Get there early." And hung up...

Last edited:
Back