I start college tomorrow...

Good luck in College. I started College a couple of weeks ago and I must say it's quite different. Also the homework load can be tiring. I have to write a 1200 word essay for October.

Syntax said:
Good luck in College. I started College a couple of weeks ago and I must say it's quite different. Also the homework load can be tiring. I have to write a 1200 word essay for October.
dont use contractions like "can't" "wouldn't" or "don't." that helps alot when writting essays :smilewinkgrin:. also i ended up saving ALOT on my books. i won my most expensive book ($100) and the rest i got used so they were half off but they are in like-new condition (chances are someone who dropped out early sold the books back to the bookstore). i got all 5 books for ~$170 and none of them were under $60 new!

what college are you going to Mitch? Just wondering b/c i have to apply for college for next year. Thinking about DePaul or Mizzou or Iowa Business and Graphic Design/Pharmacy:lol:

dakuda said:
You will quickly learn that it is a bad idea to schedule 8am classes. Damn, college was a while ago, now that I think about it.

Especially when you start drinking. I learned my lesson quickly when I had Calc II at 8A.

Good luck Mitch!! My brother went off to college recently as well. Are you commuting or getting a dorm room? lmao my brother got a dorm room...

:lol: i dont miss him at all.

Enjoy college, it's a huge change from high school, I know I was a bit surprised at the difference. Good luck with your classes and don't party too hard.

Monday looks like a very busy day for you. I wish you the best of luck with this next step in your life. Work hard and play hard. :)

well im back from my first day. really all the teacher did was go over what we are going to be doing this quarter. we are doing 3 big essays by the end ov november and we have to write a 500 word journal EVERY WEEK on top of what ever he assigns as home work. also with 5 minutes left in the class he assigned a 200 word essay due friday! ARG!!! i hate writing so much :(. this is only 1 class so far :(. hopefully the other classes arent as bad

Don't wory about it Mitch, a 200 word essay is more like a paragraph, you shouldn't have a problem with it. I know I've had 500 word paragraphs in some of my essays so that isn't too bad all things considered.

Back