I suck in Strikers Cup. Tips?

2ZeBeach

WiiChat Member
Dec 4, 2006
Medford, MA
I just beat Diddy Kong to win the Crystal Cup after quite a few aggravating tries. I am now on to the Striker Cup and I suck pretty bad. Anyone have tips on what to do? I haven't quite mastered the "lob" pass and shoot, will this help a lot if I learn this? The difficulty on this round is crazy high. I thought I was pretty good after I beat Diddy and now I've been put in my place.

I can't beat it either, but I do know, that the lob passes will usually only work if the ball is charged all the way up and you use a power player like monty mole to shoot. What is your lineup like? Then maybe I, or someone else can help you.

The lob combos are actually pretty easy, but what's a little more advanced and effective, is charging up for a shot, but then pressing Z and A while holding B. This will allow you to do a lob-shot combo but you can instantly get the ball charged rather than having to pass a bunch of times. Works well with Montey Mole and Hammer Bro

Umm yeah, oponents in strikers cup might be using slidetackles more often and they spam tackle alot, making u pissed off. Anyway, spamming lob technique isnt effective even at Crystal Cup. You need a balanced gameplay that has all the techniques combined. Lobbing, deking, passing, etc..
I havent done much the strikers cup but i am already have trouble beating Megastriker people in Domination mode, just goes to show what you will expect there. Before pissing your pants at the elemination rounds, try practing those techniques in domination mode. If i beat Petey, ill make a guide.

Petey is insanely hard to win against. He just keeps on passing and gets the perfect shot.

Too beat people anywhere, you have to have a combination of good passing and stealing + dekeing. Use dekes and items WISELY and dont put them to garbage. Use them for deffence and for your advantage.

Whatever you do, just keep moving, don't give your oppenent time to react to and/or counter anything you do.

Thanks for the advice. Guess I just have to practice more of the skills I haven't mastered yet. My Lineup is:

Yoshi
Hammer Bro.
Boo
Dry Bones

hmm.....keep passing until u get u ball glowing.....then pass it to hammer bro........he can make pretty make any shot anywhere.....even at half field...:lol:

^^^^I actually make more shots with Hammer Bro from far back than from closer, excluding the speciality shot

i beat it, it took me a couple times in the strikers cup though

Back