I think galaxy is over-rated

Doc141

Super Mario Bros. MASTA!
Mar 20, 2007
Wii Online Code
2478-2768-0821-6129
Don't get angry with me by any means this is no bad game. I love it, its fun. But for some reason its not doing for me what 64 did. Is it just me growing up? or what?

Well maybe, but its life.
When you first play/do something you usually get set on that one thing, you know?

Its hard to top a good experience.

Personally though I find Galaxy and Mario 64 close in comparison.

All highly-rated games are "over-rated". I wish that term would be banished from the Internet. I had a ton of fun with Galaxy and I like it just as much as 64.

i don't know why a lot of people think SM 64 is better than galaxy or sunshine. i like those two better the 64 one.

Well the game has great controls, it's simple, fun, and it seems too work perfectly that all players from novice to hardcore games enjoy. Not to many games today can say that. Thats the reason why its has such a high ratings.

hav ya read N Gamer they rated mario galaxy well better than 64 :wink: i mean ive completed 64 like 5 times wants ya play galaxy its well better:smilewinkgrin:

LiquidD said:
i don't know why a lot of people think SM 64 is better than galaxy or sunshine. i like those two better the 64 one.

well, I have to be honest....I'm enjoying this one more. Now, back the, M64 was the only game that held my interest, except for a few racing games......I never really started gaming( playing a FPS, RPG, etc..) untill I got a 360.....

With that being said, MG has really been fun....a welcome break from COD4, halo3, etc.....

in fact, to be honest, it is bringing back SP enjoyment to my game playing....

no one said this game was bad or any of that. I like Galaxy...

someones brought up controls. The controls are identical to Mario 64 with the addition of a waggle to make him spin (as opposed to b button to punch). I suppose the wall kicks are a lot easier.

To be frank what I am talking about is that feeling. The feeling I had when I first played Mario 64... It was when you saw something go from cartoon to real looking... And you went from a D-Pad to an Analog. And all a sudden you had complete control. And it was the first time, it gave you the overwhelming feeling that games had changed for good. They have. I don't think Mario Galaxy adds to much to the market really. It sets a standard for texture mapping on Wii, and its an all around fun game. But It doesn't give me the feeling.

Also its the little things. Where now its just a cool level. relying on itself, the music, and the physics to strike a chord. It removes some subtler things. Pihrana plant's music for instance, when he was sleeping in mario 64. I am not saying they should've kept that, because that belongs to mario 64. But it was the subtle changes that made mario 64 memorable. This is just another game. But its another really good game.

Back