I think I'd rather have a DS than my Wii... wanna know why?

southpark2033

WiiChat Member
Jan 5, 2007
My first game system was the big ol' grey brick Gameboy with Zelda: Link's Awakening included...

Then I got Gameboy Pocket - and gathered up Tetris, Joust/Defender, Mario and the 8 coins (something like that), Star Trek: TNG, Jurrassic Park, Pokemon Red, and Donkey Kong

Then came Gameboy Color and along with it a new Mario Game, and Pokemon Silver, among other things like Zeda: Oracle of Seasons.

BUt my life CHANGED when I got Gameboy Advance: It was a BEAUTIFUL DAY! Rayman was amazing. Then I got THPS. Then GOLDEN SUN canged my life. Metroid Fusion kept me up for days.

Gameboy has always been by my side since it's spinach green screen came before my eyes.

I've owned Playstation, Playstation 2, SNES, N64, Gamecube, 360, and either returned or sold them all, either to gamestop (remember funcoland?) or on eBay (more recently).

So yes I beat Twilight princess, and just today I bought Red Steel. I will tell you right now Oracle of Seasons and Link's Awakening are truly the best Zelda's in my eyes, and TP didn't come CLOSE to the amazing depth of Oracle of seasons: I MEAN YOU COULD CHANGE THE FRIGGIN SEASONS!

I remember going to the playground and sitting on the jungle gym and playing gameboy or in the car on road trips, or ont he airplane on trips to Europe. I remember showing Gameboy Color to kids in Poland. The truth is that console gaming does not satisfy me, nor will it ever. Theres just something magical bout being hunched over a tiny screen, reading text as it beeps and boops, and moving in only 4 directions.

I have and always will be a handheld gamer. I look at the display DS in Walmart and want one SO BAD. I think, that after some careful consideration, I might just sell my Wii, pocket some money, and go out and do the right thing: Buy a DS.

Has anyone here had a similar experience with the Gameboy?

Last edited:
If you like the DS better, buy it. Not much use in asking our opinions to determine what you do.

Well I was trying to see if anyone had similar experiences with disliking consoles - please dont call me a tool b/c of that.

I do like my handhelds but it's like listening to the ipod all the time. You get sick of looking into a tiny screen. Nothing beats a good single player console game out of the big tv screen.

i disliked the wii, needed more hardcore games and didnt like controls (bought GC for RE, ive had a past of the more intense crazy games)

yeah i was like you a few years ago, with my GBASP fire emblem and golden sun were the best, i liked those better than my console rpgs

A RAND0M TAC0 said:
yeah i was like you a few years ago, with my GBASP fire emblem and golden sun were the best, i liked those better than my console rpgs

True Dat! Golden Sun was the shiZ! I remember getting the Gaia Sword I was so H A P P Y!

christicehurst said:
I do like my handhelds but it's like listening to the ipod all the time. You get sick of looking into a tiny screen. Nothing beats a good single player console game out of the big tv screen.

I concur. I have the ds and the wii and both are cool in thier own way. I haven't beaten tp but I think that every zelda that has come out has it's own advancements. If I were you, I save up and get a ds because nintendo will link the two somehow and trust I when I say it will most likely be off da chain. Just my .02

i got my wii on release date. i played the fk out of it at first and i still play it a fair amount. but after i beat zelda im waiting on other titles to play. so i got a ds around christmas time, thanks to my girl for getting me one. and i absolutely love it. i hadnt had a hand held console since the first gameboy. i must say ive played it a lot since i got it, more than the wii lately even. but if i were you id keep the wii and wait and buy a ds when you can. but that is me. i love my wii too much to get rid of it. however, you couldnt pry that ds away from me either.

I was sorta the same.. well.. I never had a 64 or the GC and was never interested in them either, yet I had the GB, GBA then the DS.. the wii is actually the first console I ever owned that I actually wanted, apart from that I had a ps, but that was a surprise x-mas present

3mpathy said:
Can someone tell me wether or not i like cheese?

You love cheese, you think it's delicious!

Anyway... the only handheld gaming system I've ever had was the Sega GameGear. I must say I had a lot of fun playing that thing... but it was never as popular as the Gameboy was. I find myself now days playing Bejeweled on my Cell Phone when I have nothing better to do, or when I'm waiting for someone.... I've tried the DS out in the store and I could see getting addicted to it.

I'm addicted to too many games as it is... I'm not going to get myself back into handhelds if I can help it.

ps - anyone want to buy my GameGear? lol... didn't think so.

3mpathy said:
Can someone tell me wether or not i like cheese?

you do, everybody likes cheese. Besides you should just get a wii and a DS. DS's must b like...£70 or something. ive got one but i never play it...just a lack of really good games on it, its ust stuff like animal crossing and nintendogs... at least the wii has stuf like red steel and some sick racing games.:cornut:

Back