I think I'd rather have a DS than my Wii... wanna know why?

u may be able 2 change the seasons on your zelda oracle of something but try changing into a wolf???

All games are different...come 2 understand that

I have both, but I use my wii around 85% and my ds around 15%

I will tell you why you should not sell your wii and just SAVE SOME MONEY for the DS.

When pokemon diamond and pearl come out for DS, EVERYONE is gonna be playing it. So play it with your DS and then battle people online with battle revolution. If that prospect does not entice you (or if you just arent a pokemon fan) I dont know what will

Personal opinion plays a huge role here, but i gotta agree with you. Whenever i first bought my Arctic White GBA i was hooked. My N64 just sat there while i poured hours upon hours into Golden Sun 1 & 2 and Breath of Fire. I mainly was a Handheld gamer until i bought a GCN, then Tales of Symphonia took over my TV screen. Now since i have a Wii and DS, I really havent touched either one since i beat TP. Mostly ive been spending quality game time with my PC. But once i pick up FF3 i think that all might change.

I've recently purchased a DS -- and a second one -- for my other family members to play. The gamecube has pretty much sat idle as everyone plays on the pair of DS lites. I'd say you should sell your Wii on Ebay and you'll most certainly get more than you paid for it if you have the manuals and original boxes and can pack it up like it came new. From that, buy yourself a DS lite and pick up some of the better titles and wait until the Wii is widely available and you can repurchase it cheaper. The one cool thing is, like you said, you can play anywhere and there are some damn fun games on the DS. (not to mention you can play all of the GBA games on it as well.

One thing I would tell you, though, is that the DS lite is somewhat awkward to hold. I got sore hands/wrists pretty quick so I purchased one of those cases that has the swing-away hand grips that makes it feel more like a console controller. I can play a couple of hours with no issues now but keep in mind that it makes it kind of bulky with the added handles. There is also a set of grips that mount underneath that also include a battery which look like they would serve the same comfort purpose but also purport to add 8 additional hours of battery life...

Also, the whole wi-fi things adds something cool (which i'm sure the wii will get going at some point). There are quite a few games that will go head to head local or wi-fi which really adds some depth...

southpark2033 said:
My first game system was the big ol' grey brick Gameboy with Zelda: Link's Awakening included...

Then I got Gameboy Pocket - and gathered up Tetris, Joust/Defender, Mario and the 8 coins (something like that), Star Trek: TNG, Jurrassic Park, Pokemon Red, and Donkey Kong

Then came Gameboy Color and along with it a new Mario Game, and Pokemon Silver, among other things like Zeda: Oracle of Seasons.

BUt my life CHANGED when I got Gameboy Advance: It was a BEAUTIFUL DAY! Rayman was amazing. Then I got THPS. Then GOLDEN SUN canged my life. Metroid Fusion kept me up for days.

Gameboy has always been by my side since it's spinach green screen came before my eyes.

I've owned Playstation, Playstation 2, SNES, N64, Gamecube, 360, and either returned or sold them all, either to gamestop (remember funcoland?) or on eBay (more recently).

So yes I beat Twilight princess, and just today I bought Red Steel. I will tell you right now Oracle of Seasons and Link's Awakening are truly the best Zelda's in my eyes, and TP didn't come CLOSE to the amazing depth of Oracle of seasons: I MEAN YOU COULD CHANGE THE FRIGGIN SEASONS!

I remember going to the playground and sitting on the jungle gym and playing gameboy or in the car on road trips, or ont he airplane on trips to Europe. I remember showing Gameboy Color to kids in Poland. The truth is that console gaming does not satisfy me, nor will it ever. Theres just something magical bout being hunched over a tiny screen, reading text as it beeps and boops, and moving in only 4 directions.

I have and always will be a handheld gamer. I look at the display DS in Walmart and want one SO BAD. I think, that after some careful consideration, I might just sell my Wii, pocket some money, and go out and do the right thing: Buy a DS.

Has anyone here had a similar experience with the Gameboy?

TP owned Oracle of Seasons. And whats changing seasons got to do with a depth of a game lol.

I feel the same way (but I don't think games have changed my life lol....) I really dislike my Wii now but I'm kinda stuck with it now. Really this is my first console. I had started out with a used Gameboy, then I bough a brand new Gameboy colour then I finally got the SP, and I would have to say none of the consoles match up to the portables to me.

cept the snes

?
??
???
DS is teh suxors

You could always have both like i do lol, i have 3 ds's and a wii. I cant help it i love nintendo products.

Back