I think this might be the official boxart

ya, i dont think this is a final copy, i think its just a prototype, but i had preveously made a thread about fake ssbb boxart, and somebody sent me this link, he thinks its the real deal, its the same as yours only with a little difference, this will give some ppl hope about wifi play

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=230015

^haha, thats just gamestop being gamestop. All they did is add the wi-fi sticker to this boxart. But why? Gamestop is willing to bet that it'll be online. Plus by adding the sticker they'll probably sell a few hundred more copies of the game.

^^^ well if its just gamesptop being gamestop, they are doing a very good job publicity wise, cause if i was looking to preorder it on that site, that little sticker would sure as hell encourage me to get it...just my opinion

^They're doing a very good job IF they're correct.

They've done things similar to this in the past and when the game is released without wi-fi they've pissed off a lot of customers.

i wouldnt blame the people, my father is one of those people who wouldnt hesitate to sue them, im just not sure he would even have a case, im preaty sure he would tho, .......wow totally off topic ...........hmmm, would the customer have a case if that were the situation?

It could just be a placeholder one though it does look a little too good just to do that but you never really know.

zapasant93 said:
i wouldnt blame the people, my father is one of those people who wouldnt hesitate to sue them, im just not sure he would even have a case, im preaty sure he would tho, .......wow totally off topic ...........hmmm, would the customer have a case if that were the situation?
I'm pretty sure they would. The retailed purposely mis-led the consumer while having no proof of what they put on their site.

Probably wouldn't be worth sueing over though. A lawyer would cost more than 50 bucks, thats for sure.

*Still says this boxart is real*

LevesqueIsKing said:
^They're doing a very good job IF they're correct.

They've done things similar to this in the past and when the game is released without wi-fi they've pissed off a lot of customers.
Not me.
I'll be just fine without it. There will be quite a few other people that will be mad though.
They spent so much time on the single player mode this time around that it would take me forever to finish the game.
Besides, the friend codes are Nintendo's MO and I dont like friend codes AT ALL! There should be lobbys, then sub lobbys with open text chat and personal rooms, (ones created by people) for further challanging and rule setup.
(Basically like SOCOM ll)
But it still wont make me want to play online too much. =\

i think that the boxart is real but dont trus it to get any information like wifi ect (as people said above).
this discussion of wifi reminds me of shoko, where is he? (off topic)

umm... personaly i don't think it's official cuz we all know how secretive nintendo is even with the small things like this... also it looks nice but i expect something amazing not nice :p

Meh, i've never seen those renders. It might be real.

Many sources such as videogameblogger.com have said that Nintendo has confirmed that this box art is a PLACE HOLDER. Meaning the art shown is most likely to be used in some way (maybe in the manual or something, possibly the cover) but this is not the final box art. Still, it is, in fact, from Nintendo.

http://wii.ign.com/mail/

For the lazy:
Smash Bros. Brawl Box Art
Hey editors! I was wondering where you received the image of the boxart being currently used for SSBB? Is it just a good looking image or do you have some sort of validation for it? Thanks ahead of time!

Yeah, the Super Smash Bros. Brawl box art we recently added to our game object. [link=http://wii.ign.com/objects/748/748545.html]Click here to see it.[/link] Well, it's not really official, if that's what you're asking. I e-mailed a rep for Nintendo about whether or not it was legit, and received only the response: "We haven't released any new box art." However, the box art we're using also happens to be featured on just about every major retailer, from GameStop to Amazon, which is usually a good indicator that it was sent out to, at the very least, represent the game. It may not be final, in other words, but it could be that NOA released it as a placeholder for retailers to use. Regardless, it's pretty, and until we've got something more official, we're using it, too. Note that the box art appears with and without Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection logos depending on the retailer you visit, so don't try to draw any conclusions about Brawl's online connectivity just yet.

-- Matt

Back