i updated my start patcher..when i turn on wii i just get a black screen

shadydawg

WiiChat Member
Feb 2, 2010
hello all..am having a problem with my wii 4.2u...i installed the homebrew channel to play bak up games with preloader 0.30.everything was working fine till i notie that i couldn't play pal..so i decided to up date the startpatcher an something went horribly wrong...i notice when i tun on my wii i just get a black screen an no sound or anything...i tried using the game cube control,i tried holding the power,reset,an the eject button to get into the preloader page but nothing happens it just stays black..is there any way that i can fix this or should i just count it as a lost an trow it in the garbage.

I am afraid to tell you that this might not be fixable.

Damn!!!!! i was thinking the same thing also,cause i looked alll over the net with no luck...what really bothers me is i had everything up an running perfectly till i notice i couldn't play pal games,me feeling like i had what it takes to mod it i felt like i could have fix that also by just updating the start patcher an messed everything right up....i feel really stupid now should have just left it an just continued burning thr nstc games...:mad5:

Start Patcher updates for the Wii have always been risky to use. I've read about numerous cases like yours. I've heard that upon start up of the Wii if you continuously press or hold B it may undo the latest Start patcher update, depending on how long ago you installed it. I doubt this will work, but give it a shot anyways.

Start Patcher updates for the Wii have always been risky to use. I've read about numerous cases like yours. I've heard that upon start up of the Wii if you continuously press or hold B it may undo the latest Start patcher update, depending on how long ago you installed it. I doubt this will work, but give it a shot anyways.
i just did this last night..do you mean the b button on the game cube controller or on the wii mote

Back