i want a ps3

Wii&Ps3 said:
Wheres the proof? Blu ray is doing awesome. I havent seen an hd dvd advertisement in a long time. I see blu ray everywhere. Yeah they must be hurting :lol: The ps3 is selling good and will continue to do so. I know its hard but you will come to grasp will reality soon.

ive never seen a bluray advert. and they will sell great, to the rats who find them in junk yards after the Ps3 is scrapped :p

and i still dont see how bluray doing good is going to help the Ps3 much lol.. most consumers will buy players to watch them, not some gaming console

Last edited:
He's just mad that his posts' always get trampled all over. It's like he comes to the fight, but forgot what he was there for :lol:

But yeah I agree with you ^^^

Why not posts some lists to hd dvd sales and blu ray sales? What about movie studios back blu ray and hd dvd? You guys trample on my posts with useless opinions. Ive posted opinions based with facts.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2080719,00.asp

Ive also heard universal is watching blu ray sales very closely and is looking to start including movies on the blu ray format as well. Damn wouldnt that suck for hd dvd?

Please no more replies until you actually have something to prove. You have already posted all of your opinions. Now get out some facts of how good hd dvd is doing, or how it will win the format war with so much support for blu ray.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Please no more replies until you actually have something to prove. You have already posted all of your opinions. Now get out some facts of how good hd dvd is doing, or how it will win the format war with so much support for blu ray.

You seem like a really angry individual. I'm sorry that people who support different forms of media upset you so much.

HD DVD is promoted by Toshiba, NEC, Sanyo, Microsoft, and Intel, among others. In terms of major studios, HD DVD is currently exclusively backed by Universal Studios, The Weinstein Company/Genius Products, and is non-exclusively backed by Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., Warner Music Group, New Line Cinema, HBO, and Image Entertainment (including Discovery Channel),Magnolia Pictures,Brentwood Home Video, Ryko, Koch/Goldhil Entertainment,and Studio Canal. HP, Lite On, Onkyo, Meridan and Alpine also support HD DVD non-exclusively.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Why not posts some lists to hd dvd sales and blu ray sales? What about movie studios back blu ray and hd dvd? You guys trample on my posts with useless opinions. Ive posted opinions based with facts.

Ive also heard universal is watching blu ray sales very closely and is looking to start including movies on the blu ray format as well. Damn wouldnt that suck for hd dvd?

What have you proved? Big deal companies r on either side, youve said that COUNTLESS times. How about you get something new to talk about? And still waiting for a good reason why you think bluray doing good in any way is going to help the ps3.

Anyways im done with the Ps3 section, all it is is like 3 ps3 fanboys posting useless garbage that just becomes a spamfest.
Ltrz. :cornut:

Wii&Ps3 said:

Wikipedia on All format wars
More specifically:
wikipedia said:
In January of 2007, LG announced the launch of a dual-format player capable of playing both Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD content. [1]
This is quite funny, as this WILL effect PS3 sales negatively. This is due to the fact that not all High Definition buffs are actually gamers - er go, they won't want to spend $600 on a side that isn't guaranteed to win, but would rather fork out for a player that does both.

I have to say, that the PS3 is really doing badly (and don't go slugging around "figures" and comparisons with the PS2, as everyone already knows that at the moment, PS3 is a flop). Since this was also a major venture for Blu ray, I think this will hurt their potential sales, by quite a bit.

Sony must be reeling in pain from this.
The combined materials and manufacturing cost of the PlayStation 3 is $805.85 for the model equipped with a 20Gbyte Hard Disk Drive (HDD), and $840.35 for the 60Gbyte HDD version, according to iSuppli's Teardown Analysis service's preliminary estimate of expenses in the fourth quarter. This total doesn't include additional costs for elements including the controller, cables and packaging.

At these costs, Sony is taking a considerable loss on each PlayStation 3 sold. Materials and manufacturing costs for the 20Gbyte model exceed the suggested retail price of $499 by a total of $306.85, iSuppli's Teardown Analysis service estimates. For the 60Gbyte version, costs exceed the $599 price by $241.35.
Source: The Guardian (a well 'respected' British Broadsheet)

Sony's taking a dip of $241-$307 per console. I wonder what the figures are for PS3's on shelves?!

Oh, and my backing:
1. DVD (It's not ready to die yet, simple as that)
2. HD DVD (At least this is optional. If I wanted to play Halo 3 or Gears of War, I wouldn't have to fork out for a HD DVD I'm not interested in. Also, it's reportidly cheaper)
3. Blu Ray (It's Sony. It's more expensive than HD DVD - PS3: $500/600. Stand alone HD-DVD player - $399.99 @ Amazon.com.)

But most of all: DVD

P.S. By the way Wii&PS3, I've looked through all of your posts. They've all been either on the Playstation 3 section or saying that you've seen 5 Wii's on shelves (obvious counter to the "PS3's not selling while Wii's are). You seem to have no interest in this community apart from to troll and flamebait. This is a Wii community, because people here have the Wii in common. If you don't have that connection, then I think you're in the wrong place.

I suggest either you start posting more on the Wii or post somewhere else.

Last edited:
Squall7 said:
More specifically:

This is quite funny, as this WILL effect PS3 sales negatively. This is due to the fact that not all High Definition buffs are actually gamers - er go, they won't want to spend $600 on a side that isn't guaranteed to win, but would rather fork out for a player that does both.

I have to say, that the PS3 is really doing badly (and don't go slugging around "figures" and comparisons with the PS2, as everyone already knows that at the moment, PS3 is a flop). Since this was also a major venture for Blu ray, I think this will hurt their potential sales, by quite a bit.

Sony's taking a dip of $241-$307 per console. I wonder what the figures are for PS3's on shelves?!

Oh, and my backing:
2. HD DVD (At least this is optional. If I wanted to play Halo 3 or Gears of War, I wouldn't have to fork out for a HD DVD I'm not interested in. Also, it's reportidly cheaper)
3. Blu Ray (It's Sony. It's more expensive than HD DVD - PS3: $500/600. Stand alone HD-DVD player - $399.99 @ Amazon.com.)

P.S. By the way Wii&PS3, I've looked through all of your posts. They've all been either on the Playstation 3 section or saying that you've seen 5 Wii's on shelves (obvious counter to the "PS3's not selling while Wii's are). You seem to have no interest in this community apart from to troll and flamebait. This is a Wii community, because people here have the Wii in common. If you don't have that connection, then I think you're in the wrong place.

yes i second the hell out of that. i really wish hed go where he has something in common. all he does is start arguments, im here because i like the wii. im not on the ps3 forums bashing them and running my mouth. cause what would i be then? lame.

To be fair to Wii&PS3, this IS the PS3 forum. If he wants to talk up the PS3, he IS in the right place.

CrowTRobot said:
To be fair to Wii&PS3, this IS the PS3 forum. If he wants to talk up the PS3, he IS in the right place.
yes you are correct, this is a ps3 thread. but that guy is all over the place running his mouth on all kinda of threads. basically, he runs it wherever he can. if he just limited it to ps3 threads then fine...but he doesnt.

Squall7 said:
More specifically:

Oh, and my backing:

Totally and completely trumped, trampled on and owned!

CrowTRobot said:
Wrong. This is a PS3 section on a Wii forum (a Wii community). I would understand if this place was like megatokyo or something, but this is a Wii forum. If he doesn't like/doesn't care about the Wii, why is he here in the first place? This section is for Wii fans to talk about the PS3, not for PS3 fans to retialiate to anything negative said about the PS3. Last of all, his attitude towards many other members has been negative. This is Wiichat, and so I'd back up the people who come here legitimately to talk about the Wii (and all things relating to it - or not).

dedpoet777 said:
yes you are correct, this is a ps3 thread. but that guy is all over the place running his mouth on all kinda of threads. basically, he runs it wherever he can. if he just limited it to ps3 threads then fine...but he doesnt.

Yeah ok. I made one post in another thread. Big deal. I posted "there are 5 wiis sitting in my local walmart". Thats not speaking negatively. IM speaking of what I saw. If you cant come to grasp with reality that stores are starting to have them in stock, then i dont know what to tell you.

By you still never replied to my post on page 2.

Dont go slugging sales figures? I think thats what determines if a system is doing bad. That makes no sense.

Everybody knows they are taking a hit. They said they should be breaking even by the end of 07. Did you know sony sold the most tv's over 36" in 2006than any other company? I think that might help make up for it ;) Sony is a very large company. They knew how much they were losing on the ps3. They wouldnt have released it if it would have made them bankrupt. Sure there are ps3's on shelves. Its a $500-$600 system. Whos gonna spend that much right after x-mas? Income tax returns are coming, and were finally getting some good games in late feb-march. Sony has one decent game out right now, which doesnt give a big incentive to buy a ps3. March is going to be a very big month for Sony.

Oh, and my backing:

vhs isnt even dead yet. I still see people renting them at video stores. Dvd wont be going anywhere for a long time.

Since hd dvd was optional, that is what is going to kill it. What incentive to people have to buy it? How many has microsoft sold? I believe it was less than 200,000 units. I will try and find the link. Theres almost 2 million blu ray plays on the market right now. Common sense tells you what?????

I suggest either you start posting more on the Wii or post somewhere else

I posts 99.9% of my posts in the ps3 section. I guess that means I should tlak about the wii more. OK fine I will. My wii barely gets played anymore, sue to the lack of good games. Does that make you happy? I will talk about the wii more, when I get a better game to play. Until then im sticking with the ps3section :)

Wii&Ps3 said:
Yeah ok. I made one post in another thread. Big deal. I posted "there are 5 wiis sitting in my local walmart". Thats not speaking negatively. IM speaking of what I saw. If you cant come to grasp with reality that stores are starting to have them in stock, then i dont know what to tell you.

By you still never replied to my post on page 2.

It's great that there is somewhat limited availability in few areas. There still aren't any around here and my brother still cant get one!!!

By the way, people treat you like that because your credibility is well uncredible. You are highly opinionated and provide few facts. You make statements and try to make points that make no sense to the topic. It's a damn shame that the PS3 has crummy games with nothing good coming out for months and months and that Sony's Blu-Ray technology isn't taking off like they had hoped. People own bluray players because they own a PS3. 75% of those people wont touch a blu-ray disc let alone put it in there ps3 to watch. That's why your points make no sense. The PS3 is a game machine. Limit your figures to actual players and the actual market, not the fictional market you've made up.

Last edited:
Squall7 said:
Wrong. This is a PS3 section on a Wii forum (a Wii community). I would understand if this place was like megatokyo or something, but this is a Wii forum. If he doesn't like/doesn't care about the Wii, why is he here in the first place? This section is for Wii fans to talk about the PS3, not for PS3 fans to retialiate to anything negative said about the PS3. Last of all, his attitude towards many other members has been negative. This is Wiichat, and so I'd back up the people who come here legitimately to talk about the Wii (and all things relating to it - or not).

I do like the wii. Im bored with the games. This is the ps3 section to talk whatever you want about the ps3 (good or bad). If you dont like it, then get out :yesnod:

I guess nobody has been negative towards me? Ive been threatened a few times, and made fun of a bunch of other times. Who gives a crap? I dont and ive taken the most crap. Again if you dont like it, then get out :ciappa: I could be threatening people or swearing at them but I dont.

Back