I want the Truth.

Mr. person

Warhammer 40k is the best
Jun 22, 2007
over the rainbow
OK, so i was stuck with the very irritating question "Is Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games a game with just minigames? is it like Mario Party?" because i was thinking of buying it.

so people who do own this game please tell me

P.S. It is not that i dislike MarioParty, it was just that it was too easy with minigames and it got boring.

Mr. person said:
OK, so i was stuck with the very irritating question "Is Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games a game with just minigames? is it like Mario Party?" because i was thinking of buying it.

so people who do own this game please tell me

P.S. It is not that i dislike MarioParty, it was just that it was too easy with minigames and it got boring.
No, it is MUCH better than Mario Party.

Look for some videos on YouTube

Recommended - great fun! Better than Mario Party - much better! Still mini games though. It's really a multiplayer game, but you can't play it online (a real shame!)

You can't handle the truth!.... (sorry it's a movie quote)

Mario & Sonic is made up of events, so some can be quite short like the 100 metres or longer like the highjump or shooting. If you have ever played a track & field game then that is what to expect, if not then the closest game i can think of is Rayman Raving Rabbids.

At the start you have a limited choice of events and unlock more as you complete various trophies, these are made up of 3 or 4 events and you have to place in the top 3 to progress. As such while it is just basically minigames they do all combine quite well to make a good overall package, that being the Olympics.

I would rate it 7/10, there's more mindless waggling and the events are not as deep as those in Wii Sports but it's still decent multiplayer fun.

Yes, it is minigames, but the minigames are great fun. Especially if you have some friends over, you will probably love it. That is, if you like olympic type games.

Back