I Want To Be Online.

blueprint

Wii Thrive On Cold Winter
Dec 10, 2006
Wii Online Code
3210-4808-5309-8046
I want to get my wii online in time for online play.

I dont have wirless internet, so ill have to get wired.

i have a bt router which runs at 1.1 mbps, but have no ethernet ports in my computer, so does this mean its not possible?

:thumbsup:

need a bit more information, but in theory it shouldn't be 'impossible'

If your modem is a USB modem, then you will need to network your Wii through your PC, if your PC has no ethernet ports then you will need (2) USB to Ethernet adapters, (one for the Wii, check it is compatible before you buy) then plug the wire from PC to Wii, and go into network places and run the (setup home or small office network) network wizard, allowing internet sharing through your (new) LAN connection.

Check you get the right cable as well, you will need a cross-over cable I believe (J42 springs to mind but don't quote me).

Much easier than all ^ that..... buy a Nintendo WiFi USB Dongle, it will send the internet from your PC to your Wii wirelessly with minimum hassle, (they are fairly easy to setup and come with instructions) also Nintendo's website will tell you how to do it this way.

In short, unless you have equiptment that interferes with WiFi frequencies, don't bother with a wired connection, it will cost you more and be harder to set up.

do u know the range of the usb wifi dongle?

50m or there abouts, more than your house probably anyway, and unless you live 3 doors down from your PC I doubt you will have range trouble.

i have a bt router which runs at 1.1 mbps, but have no ethernet ports in my computer, so does this mean its not possible?

In addition to the "dongle", you can get wireless routers for the same price: often under $40 US.

mothershipconnection said:

In addition to the "dongle", you can get wireless routers for the same price: often under $40 US.

ok hook ur wii to ur router. then turn on the wii and go to wii settings. go to internet. click connection 1 and pick wired connection. click on search for an access point. click on preferably the one with the open lock. test connection. and ur online.

Mas1494 said:
Hey smok could u register me?

i cant register u until the 4th sunday in february so if u can get tim eto go faster then please do so b/c i can only watch tv and drive in the car and use the pc. watever u can do to speed time up then please do it b/c im as desperate as u to get more friends so i dont have to go searchin once online play comes out. so just keep me in ur address book and ill get u added to mine on the 4th sunday in february. sorry i couldnt add u sooner tho.

Back