I want to get rid of my PS3.

Flanders

Okalee Dokalee!
Jan 23, 2007
Hello Nintendo fanboys,

Congratulations, you won. I was 100% behind Sony when it came time for launch despite all of the setbacks and flamed the Wii without mercy.

Now that a couple of months have gone by, I barely touch my PS3 and play my friend's Wii across the hall constantly.

Arg...nobody wants this stupid thing. Maybe I can trade it for a bag of fruit snacks or something.

Last edited:
Well, I want to try and get rid of it for the same price I paid. And since every store is packed to the gills with these things, people would understandably rather buy a new one.

What's so bad about it that you don't want it anymore?
Seriously, I thought it was going to be all that ... although I'm 100% behind Nintendo. I really did think the majority of people would still get a PS3 and endorse it. Why isn't it happening?

The catch is...?

You also made a spelling mistake. =]

Last edited:
It seems like playing a PS3 game is work, whereas the Wii is just fun. It reminds me of being a kid and playing videogames at sleepovers and parties.

It's just like music in a way. You can only listen to a certain genre for so long before you want to branch out.

*fixed the spelling error...thanks :)

Flanders said:
It reminds me of being a kid and playing videogames at sleepovers and parties.

That's exactly why Nintendo is the greater. Sony wasn't there for us in our childhood and we don't look at Sony to be happy. People usually try to find ways to return to their childhood - as everybody knows being a kid is the best experience in life. Those of you who didn't have a good childhood will buy a Sony console. If you played a Sony console in your childhood, you must be mentally screwed (not referring to you Flanders). I remember being afraid of a Sony console when I was younger (it was always darker and creepier compared to Nintendo games ... I can't remember which console that was. Possibly PS1.)

Hence, child hood. Although ... Nintendo have grown & developed with me in time. I'm a teenager now, about to get my license and probably never play a Nintendo game ever again =[ (a year to go, don't worry ... -worries-).
I mean their games. Zelda: Twilight Princess scared me in ways I haven't felt before. At the same time, it interested me in ways I haven't felt before ... being a teenager and all, I'd have to be a little rebellious, lol.
So if you understand what I'm saying, Nintendo really is at my stature and up to my standard - and Nintendo shows more personal consideration for me (in my point of view) in their development of their games.

Flanders said:
It's just like music in a way. You can only listen to a certain genre for so long before you want to branch out.

...Okay...

what gb is it? 20 or 60? you should keep it otherwise you will regret it because i heard it doesnt have any good games on it yet but it soon will. Trust me.

Nah... Don't listen... Ditch the sandwich maker, and fill the space you've left with a nice glowing Wii, a 60" LCD and possibly a fridge.

(Okay so I over exaggerated with the size of the PS3 - My bad!!)

Last edited:
It's a 60 GB.

I'm just thinking I could get rid of it and pick up a Wii along with a few games.

I'm also not a big movie watcher so I don't really care about Blu-Ray.

Sell it on eBay ... you might end up profiting. If you sell it worldwide and note it as "AS NEW", other countries will buy it for really high. Considering it's not even released yet here ...

Take it to Gamestop, EB Games, etc. and see what you can get on a trade-in for a Wii. You might not get all your money back for your PS3, but it should be enough to cover a Wii.

Those of you who didn't have a good childhood will buy a Sony console.

thats complete bullshit, i had a great childhood and had a ps1/2

I say trade it for a bag of fruit snacks, but Im not even sure you'll be able to get that even for that large piece of junk ps3.

ill consider selling it for my bag of fruit snacks, but i think id be at more of a loss than you...........hmmmmmmmm......

Back