I was liking Metroid Prime: Corruption until....

Icandy

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2007
Oklahoma
...I got to the final boss on Bryyo. You know, the one with the three red orbs on his front and one on his back? For some reason I seem to be moving extremely slowwwww, like I am walking through water so I'm having trouble getting to the one on his back and evading his attacks. I keep firing and firing and firing and dying and dying and dying. My trigger finger can't hold up even if I can and ,yes, I have read the walk-through. It's frustrating me to the MAX and I'm thinking of trading this game in. Please tell me, if I ever do get through this thing, that the rest of the game isn't this hard!!!

haven't gotten that far yet, i'm still at the blowing up the anti-air tower things. been there for almost 3 months now

That is probably the most difficult boss in the game, in my opinion.

I don't recall moving slower than usual during the fight. Look up a FAQ and make sure you're doing everything correctly. Just keep trying.

I'm not in water, Tortilla. I'm just moving sluggishly like I would if I was in water. I've looked up everything I can to help me get through this thing. It's just frustrating, frustrating, frustrating. I may try a few more times then..... well, it's a shame. I'm only 20% or so into the dang game. I'd like to see more of it but if I can't get through this boss..... my son, a seasoned gamer!, gave up on it. That scares me blue, I tell you. I just need some encouragement.

have you yet entered hypermode? you should put up a video on youtube so i can see physically what you are talking about.

Ah, thats right. You should be using hypermode A LOT in this battle. That could very likely be what you're doing wrong.

i can honestly say i went through that game w/out a guide though, because there wasn't even one to look at when the game came out!

ElronMac, thanks for the link to that video. That helps quite a bit. I'll try it again tomorrow.

I'm glad to hear that that is the hardest boss in the game. It gives me hope for the rest of the game if I can get through it. Thanks everyone!

Yeah he is hard to kill. A rocket to the mouth freezes him also. The hyper mode is the only way to destroy the balls but once they are destroy things get easier.
LOL lots of people act like they have beaten this game and most of the people that say they are bored couldn't even get past him... So don't give up you are missing a great big chunk of this game if you do. Hold up I'm going to try playing this game with the zapper now! The trigger is welcome and helps.

Icandy said:
ElronMac, thanks for the link to that video. That helps quite a bit. I'll try it again tomorrow.

I'm glad to hear that that is the hardest boss in the game. It gives me hope for the rest of the game if I can get through it. Thanks everyone!

yes, and the final boss battle has got to be the most epic. i remember the last shot, it wouldve been either him or me, cuz i had a bout 10% health and he was coming in for a strike, and i gave him one last blast of phazon. closest call of the whole game. it was awesome :smilewinkgrin:

I didn't notice a decrease in speed fighting that boss. The only explanation I can think of is that because the room is so large, your mind tricks you into thinking that you're moving slower because the ground you cover is insignificant to the area of the room. I could be wrong though. :p

That boss was difficult IMO. It felt like it took forever to kill that bastard. My thumb was getting tired because I was pressing the A button so much.

Use hyper mode but don't over use it. Remember its ammo is your life energy. The fight gets tougher as you progress and you need hyper mode to destroy the orbs once they are overloaded. Also sprint dodging and jumping are highly important in this battle. Try to master timing.

^yes it is. but fortunately you don't take damage while hypermode, but you still have to manage how much energy you use, and not to overload.

Back