I was really looking forward to VC until..

Revival

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2006
I saw the prices, I don't care if they cost £50 back in the day or the ammount of time developers put into making the games. They're old, they should cost very little.

Now that I've seen the prices, my way of thinking is "I have a PC, the internet provides Emulators and Roms, and for free"

There's only some games I'd be willing to shed out money like that for and that's Zelda: OOT and MM.

Don't give me the "Don't use it then." or "<insert invalid arguement here> (because any arguement against me is invalid)"

I'd love to be able to purchase a lot of the games, but I'm not rich.

What do you guys think?

I'd say the prices are competitive to what you would find in a 2nd hand shop.

I think they could have made the games 7/10/15 and people would still buy them.

Well one thing I don't like about VC games is they are Virtual Property. If you go out and buy a used NES cartridge, when you get sick of it you can sell it. Sure you might only get a $1 for it but still, thats some return. On these VC games you don't have that option. You don't really "own" anything.

Saves having more carts laying around
And some of the games are quite hard to find
If only there was a way to prove that you had the original of the game and so you got it for free

Revival's right, they are too expensive. Now I understand companies want to make some kind of profit for these games, and I don't mind paying a little, but £6 for a 14 year old SNES game is just not right. :mad:

Darkprinny said:
Saves having more carts laying around
And some of the games are quite hard to find
If only there was a way to prove that you had the original of the game and so you got it for free

Forget carts. Downloading the Roms/Emulators is enough. All the games that ever came out on the SNES/NES/N64/Megadrive all on one little laptop, and if you're like me, you've paired your Wiimote using Bluetooth and can use it to play them.

Note: I don't have my Wii yet, it's back at my university halls

I think that the prices are a bit steep, but not too steep. Nintendo aren't being scandelous, but they're not spot on with the valuations either. Other than for N64 games, which I think are brilliant for 1000 points.

Personally I think that the games should cost this much:

NES: 400-450
TurboGrafx: 550
SNES/Mega Drive: 650-700

Alternatively, I think within each system games should be prices differently based on quality. I don't think it's all that fair paying the same amount for Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine as Sonic The Hedgehog.

I don't think they should charge more for the VC games then you would expect to pay if you found the cartridge at a yard sale. $3 max

What bothers me is the inconsistency. Already, I've noticed that R-Type, for Turbo Graphix 16 is more expensive than other games for the system. Why? Because it's more popular? If they are wandering from their pricing scheme already, then I'd assume we're going to see more of it in the near future.

Where as they are a tad expensive
I only buy the games I like

(I do use roms for hard to get games)

Revival said:
Forget carts. Downloading the Roms/Emulators is enough. All the games that ever came out on the SNES/NES/N64/Megadrive all on one little laptop, and if you're like me, you've paired your Wiimote using Bluetooth and can use it to play them.

Note: I don't have my Wii yet, it's back at my university halls

It's technically not legal to download roms. For more information visit the site below:

http://www.emulationzone.org/articles/faq/basics3.html

csiguy4u said:
It's technically not legal to download roms. For more information visit the site below:

http://www.emulationzone.org/articles/faq/basics3.html

That's great and all but who said anything about it being Legal? I gaurantee you over 50% of this websites visitors download mp3's, use pirate software and enjoy wearing womens underwear. Yes, women don't give a **** about legality.

I hope my point as been made unclear.

by downloading the rom on vc youre guarenteed that itll work, and that youll have save files, remember that those old cartidges used batterys, and not everyone likes to use computers for games meant for consoles [raises hand]

also..i know a lot of ppl that have no idea what a rom is or how to use them haha

AndrewRocksSox said:
by downloading the rom on vc youre guarenteed that itll work, and that youll have save files, remember that those old cartidges used batterys, and not everyone likes to use computers for games meant for consoles [raises hand]

also..i know a lot of ppl that have no idea what a rom is or how to use them haha

In "roflol" terms, You have a file called "Super Mario.rom" This is your game file.

Then you'd have "SNES.Exe" this is your Emulator. You would use SNES.EXE to open Super Mario.rom and that's it, you're playing Super Mario on your PC.

Just like how you would open a .doc file in WORD(YO!) or if you're homeless, in Open Office.

haha i wasnt referring to me, ive useful almost every emulator lol

im just saying, some people are pretty blank when it comes to computers

unless its myspace,then you have the kids that think they know everything bc tgey copy and pastes html lol

Back