I was thinkin of gettin a 360...but theres 1 problem

BOLLOX! its a fact and everyone know's that from a year of buying it it WILL get the red ring

it happen's to everyone's

i've had mine for 7 month's, i'm waiting for it to die

If it's a fact then can you please explain to me as to why my console was over a year old and never suffered from the RROD?

i wouldn't say 'a few' of them have this problem, wasn't it like 33%?

i might buy in way later, but probably not since ssbb will keep me busy, depends on my financial situation

iv had my premium console for just over a year now and stil havent had the "red ring of death" as its called,

anyway i cant really help as i dont use my 360 only my Brother does,

oh and guess what i got my PS3 today so i wont use my wii for a while either, even though imPlaying MP3 now lol.

god dam system update for PS3 is taking ages 1 hour and its only at 35%

I've had mine since November 2006... no RROD at all. It's not every console (as stated already), only some. The chances of you getting the RROD are pretty low, if you purchase one now. Most consoles to have suffered from the RROD pretty easily are mainly the 360 Launch consoles.

The RRoD had a 30% occurrence with the older models. It's been very low since the newer models came out (Q4 2006 i think). But the chances of you getting it, is pretty non-existant.. but even if you do, your 360's warranty has you covered for 3 years i believe.

The new Falcon Motherboard 360s are out now arent they? that should pretty much take care of the RROD in most cases as long as you take care of it and dont get a piggy back cooler (like teh Nyko one) and dont put it in ur oven while playing it. etc.

mine actually did get teh RROD so i took it back to the store, they plugged it in, didnt show up again, said "we cant take this, not trying to be a dick but their basically looking for a reason to fire us emplyees lately" so i was understanding, took it home, has been fine since. (weird i know, it was the 3 lights, not 4, too. explain that one lol)

another thing to consider is that microsoft doesn't fix all red ring of death problems under warranty. it has to be a specific malfunction/red ring problem of the 360.

so this "microsoft is your friend/has you covered" talk in this thread is bs. you won't hear them announcing the specifics of their new "3 Year Warranty" in major press releases.

this is what happened to my little brother. pretty weak on microsoft's end.

that said though, i bought my 360 last may, and have only had disc read errors, which are supposedly normal... so i can't complain on my behalf, only my bros.

If you still have your brothers broken console phone up microsoft again and this time tell them that you have the three red rings of death and that your brick light is green. From there they should send you a box to ship your console in. If they ship the same console back after you have sent yours in tough luck. However, if they were to ship you a new console congrats. I had to do something similar to that when my Xbox 360 had a broken video port. I phoned them up and told them that my console had the RROD. A few weeks later I received a brand new console.

so basically, syntax, you lied to microsoft and they didtn catch it? Bill Gates is a theif, good for you! lol

Syntax said:
If you still have your brothers broken console phone up microsoft again and this time tell them that you have the three red rings of death and that your brick light is green. From there they should send you a box to ship your console in. If they ship the same console back after you have sent yours in tough luck. However, if they were to ship you a new console congrats. I had to do something similar to that when my Xbox 360 had a broken video port. I phoned them up and told them that my console had the RROD. A few weeks later I received a brand new console.

spose that's worth a try. i know he's called a few times, so they may have a standing record of his past calls.

but going through all this should NOT be necessary.

i just think microsoft has deceived a lot of consumers with this new 3 year warranty. it's not a fix on their flawed system if it doesn't cover a broad enough scope of problems associated with manufacturer defects.

SensesFail said:
so basically, syntax, you lied to microsoft and they didtn catch it? Bill Gates is a theif, good for you! lol

Lied.. Sure why not.. There was no way that I was going to spend another $300 on a console that I could have replaced for free :D

Syntax said:
Lied.. Sure why not.. There was no way that I was going to spend another $300 on a console that I could have replaced for free :D
lol, i wasnt suggesting you did anything wrong. microsoft can take the hit. screw them for putting out a crappy console anyways lol.

wiiman14, no.. they dont really do much from what ive read. and in a few cases they actually leeched too much power off the 360 and fryed it.

Back