Ideas for a classic controller mod?

masonb15

Flawless Victory
May 15, 2007
Wii Online Code
2524-4702-5527-5865
Anyone have an idea of something awesome I can do to a Wii classic controller? I'm willing to do just about anything to it. I've already got some LED's coming in to do an LED mod to it, but I want something a little more...hardcore.

xxmarioxx said:
Wireless? That's the only thing I can think of.

There is already a wireless version of the classic control. It connects through a dongle that goes in the gamecube control slot.

I think you should spray it a nice metalic colour and possible give it some led's.

I love the wiimote mod where you put an led under the clear A button, looks so awesome :)

FRuMMaGe said:
There is already a wireless version of the classic control. It connects through a dongle that goes in the gamecube control slot.

I think you should spray it a nice metalic colour and possible give it some led's.

I love the wiimote mod where you put an led under the clear A button, looks so awesome :)
I am making a complete LED modded Wii controller set. I just thought something might know of something cool to do to the classic controller's case.

I'll dedicate the Wiimote A button mod to you FRuMMaGe :smilewinkgrin:

masonb15 said:
I'll dedicate the Wiimote A button mod to you FRuMMaGe :smilewinkgrin:

Cool! I like the look of the glowing A button mod, its awesome.

Also check out the glowing Nunchuck mod, it rocks.

how bout making it into a rainbow?:lol:
Seriously though, diffrent colored led lights under each button. Such vibrant colors!:cool:

I say give it a classic Nes color scheme. Like do the back and sides, and bezel around front in grey. Center area black and whatnot... you get the point.

i plan on modding one of my NES controllers to be the classic controller. Sadly i just don't have the time right now to fiddle around with all of it. Shouldn't be too hard, but would be a bit time consuming drilling the holes and getting everything right into the NES controller body.
That's the only idea i have, though i guess you could really do it with any controller, a ps2 one would work great since it has to spots for the analog sticks already.

-kyle

Um i dont actually have a classic controller, but isnt there too much in there to actually fit into a nes casing? It sounds like a cool idea, but just doesnt seem possible with the analog sticks and whatnot.

KyleForMe said:
Um i dont actually have a classic controller, but isnt there too much in there to actually fit into a nes casing? It sounds like a cool idea, but just doesnt seem possible with the analog sticks and whatnot.

that's the only part i'm really having trouble figuring out is the analog sticks. if i ever really get on that project though i'll post about it and how i did it(obviously that's if i end up doing it.)
i might just use a ps2 controller anyway.

-Kyle

Back