Ideas for a game for Elderly People?

Pickle

WiiChat Member
Apr 19, 2007
Yes.. I got my great grandma a Wii for her birthday. :D
Just need some ideas lol

hmmm try mamma cook off. that might be along her speed. its low impact and straight forward. yes the game does suck but for her age, it might be a game shed enjoy doing (esp since my grandparents LOVE to cook :) )

some of the WiiPlay games might seem appealing .. there is an "identification" type game that is easy enough..plus you might still be able to get a free controller w/ it

fyi .. big brain academy: wii degree, wont be released until 6/11/07

Watching her box on Wii Sports with my Grandad was exciting.. haha

Major Tom said:
Well I'm not sure...... How about Scareface: The World is Yours? lol. Cooking Mama sounds like a good game for her.

lol i was thinking the godfather ;) hey if shes an old italian grandmother then it might jsut work! lmao

seriously, i still say cookoff mamma or wtvr its called would be good thanks for agreeing (check your rep status)

also, what about that marble game? kornicorpia or wtvr its called???? looks like it might be promising if she likes those types of games that is

just wondering... why in the name of god would you buy a Nintendo Wii for your grandmother. She's probably going to pretend being happy when she recieves it then she's never going to play it because she rather have gotten something good for her b-day. No offense dude, but I would never want to be on the recieving end of your gifts.

the_next_tiger said:
just wondering... why in the name of god would you buy a Nintendo Wii for your grandmother. She's probably going to pretend being happy when she recieves it then she's never going to play it because she rather have gotten something good for her b-day. No offense dude, but I would never want to be on the recieving end of your gifts.

why is that bad??????????

just because shes a GRANDMOTHER doesnt mean that shes old like 90 and in a wheelchair and everything......

there are plenty of grandparents that would probably enjoy playing it since it keeps them active and its entertaining.

i think if my grandpaernts were well enough (my grandma is almost blind and my grandpa has very bad diabetis), theyd enjoy playing it with my uncles little ones (or their other set of grand kids/cousins)

The_Loose_Cannon said:
lol i was thinking the godfather ;) hey if shes an old italian grandmother then it might jsut work! lmao

seriously, i still say cookoff mamma or wtvr its called would be good thanks for agreeing (check your rep status)

also, what about that marble game? kornicorpia or wtvr its called???? looks like it might be promising if she likes those types of games that is
I believe its called koroninpa. But yeah that game would also be a good game. But the idea of The Wii being a good gift or not depends on your grandmothers mobility & age. My grandmother on my moms side is very mobile & would love to play the Wii but my Grandmother on my dads side has a hard time walking & standing up.......

EDIT: Thanks for the rep Loose Cannon.

Last edited:
I'd say anything that's simple and easy to play. Exa. - WiiPlay, WarioWare, Cooking Mama.

Besides, I'm sure she'll have a lot of fun with the Mii Channel, some of my friends grandparents enjoy that a lot.

wario ware is good only because it has that minigame where you put the teeth back into the old woman. But as of right now, i cant imagine a granny playing the wii. Perhaps... a golf game?

My grandma liked red steel when she came over for Easter. But I think cooking mama would be one of the best choices.

Back