idk...i don't mind friend codes

luck4u

WiiChat Member
Nov 24, 2006
any way. I would say i can take a put down and i don't mind trash talk. it's all part of the fun in some games.
but last week, i was playing cod4 online at my friends house, and i happen to be pretty good at it. None the less there were these two guys who i take it were upset by that fact, and would not let off with the rascist comments. What made it worse though, was that they were putting down the wrong race and just making idiots out of themselves.

now i'm not a baby or anything. I just would prefer to be able to avoid ignorance when trying to have fun. i'd rather not be called by racial slurrs whenever playing a competitive game.

this being said, i'm pretty sure there is a feature on the 360 that could have blocked their voice from being heard through the headset. but I wouldn't really know.

As for friend codes, i don't find it so difficult because i have quite a few friends that have the wii, and we all typically by the same games. and to be frank, i'd much rather here trash talk from my buddies, than from someone i have no idea who they are and whether they are being serious or not..

sorry for the rant, it was the first time I really faced racism while playing online. know what i mean?

I feal racism every day.:lol:
I sometimes trash talk.(mostly)

well i think its all a part of online experience. the reason i am not affected by it is because i am not affected by what people think of me. i am successful in life because of this. if others dont like racial stuff, they can just choose not to use a mic. its as simple as that.

i'm african american

but the ppl online were putting down jews and indians and hindu's and directing towards me

i don't get it...

luck4u said:
i'm african american

but the ppl online were putting down jews and indians and hindu's and directing towards me

i don't get it...

i am hindu. i dont care what they think. it just goes to show that they are ignorant and will probably work at walmart untill they die cough minimum wage cough

luck4u said:
i'm african american

i don't get it...

that's true
it's just sad that it's come to that ya know?
what if a kid wants to play online and talk to his buddies
they would have to deal with that
i think that's why nintendo enforced friend codes

that being said, maybe there should be an option within the wii menu that give you the choice to talk to strangers and friends
or just friends
lol wow i sound like a parent

vashivihan said:
well i think its all a part of online experience. the reason i am not affected by it is because i am not affected by what people think of me. i am successful in life because of this. if others dont like racial stuff, they can just choose not to use a mic. its as simple as that.

that's true
it's just sad that it's come to that ya know?
what if a kid wants to play online and talk to his buddies
they would have to deal with that
i think that's why nintendo enforced friend codes

that being said, maybe there should be an option within the wii menu that give you the choice to talk to strangers and friends
or just friends
lol wow i sound like a parent

I dislike friend codes because they cater to people who know others with wii's who buy games. My friends who own wiis are very casual and don't really play it much. When playing wifi with random strangers, friend codes are merely a nuisance.

In any case, I find nintendo supporters are generally easier to get a long with and more mature.

nintendo (back when they had their official forums) use to let pokemon diamond/pearl owners exchange friend codes

they could/should open the forums back up and let wii and ds owners exchange friend codes

Its still such a painful hassle. I entered 25-30 endless ocean friend codes by hand and only ended up playing with two people. Waste of time and energy and simply unnecessary when you can't even really communicate what is the point.

I'm fine with friend codes too. I feel they're basically on par with entering new numbers into your mobile phone.

luck4u said:
i'm african american

i don't get it...

You know Indians generally are of the Hindu faith right?

To be honest, it happens everyday, to everyone. Life moves on.

Back