If I use two 12-LED flashlights 7" apart, will Wii remote think it's the sensor bar?

SoupCamera

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
If I use two 12-LED flashlights 7"(or 8") apart,
will the Wii remote think it's the sensor bar? :D
Each is only $5.... :) It's bright enough for my
camcorder's nightshot function. The battery last
about 2 days, if left on continuously... :D The
real reason I want to try this is because my screen
is located almost 30 feet away from the sitting area.
The original Wii sensor bar doesn't work well from
that distance.

00002221fe5.jpg

00002222cm1.jpg

Last edited:
I should have thought so if the likes of candles working is true, though I don't see why you'd wanna spend $10 on these, when you might as well use the sensor bar thats coming with the Wii package. And I'm pretty sure that replace your batteries every 2 days (we all know you'll be playing constantly for a while:p) will get annoying and money draining after a while (unless you have rechargeables)

whats wrong with the wii sensor bar? those are only $10 from nintendo, why not just buy one cut the cord and hook up some batteries to that. im sure the batteries will last just as long since they are only leds. prbably can even use an ac adapter and plug it behind the tv so you dont have to have it connected to the wii.

the LEDs in the sensor bars are "IR LEDs", Infra-Red LEDs.

What's so great about a different sensor bar? Why do people refuse to use the one Nintendo gives you and make their own? Do they work better or something?

Mostly people that have their Wii hooked up to a projector. But just check out WII Mod WII if youre looking to make your own sensor bar.

how big is your room i want to see a picture i wish i had that big of a house

Why would you want two bright as hell flash lights shining in your eyes while playing games.:eek:ut: The main reason for having the infrared lights is because it is not visible to the naked eye. Also its on a different wavelength then visible light so it probably won't be as responsive with just standard leds. unless they are around 750 nanometer wavelength output range on those leds

Last edited:
Back