If Nintendo....

mk_south_london

!SUPERMOD! *blu mushroom*
Jan 3, 2007
uk
Wii Online Code
7195-7874-4951-1917
Sold the wii for.....about £300 or $425 (im bad with dollers) but with full hd, and a new format like blu ray that allows much more packed into one cd.
AND an exceptional online service at launch,...

Would you buy it for that price?

i would. but the price would have nothing to do with it. i'm just a game junkie and have to have all the systems.

blu ray is irrelevant, i dont see blu ray as a big thing at all...so what if you can pack more into a disc? i dont NEED any more. i dont need blu ray. lol.

that would be to much of a steal. right now blu ray is not a big deal, for real and is expensive. I only wish nintendo had pushed its graphics to 720p. But i know why they didn't. but once online gaming kicks in, nintendo will rock mann.

A huge selling point for me was that it was only $250. My Wii's memory is still fairly empty and honestly I don't mind have a game on two discs rather than one. It sucks that we don't have online yet, but I don't know if I'd want to pay more just so I didn't have to wait a few months.

ottoman said:
blu ray is irrelevant, i dont see blu ray as a big thing at all...so what if you can pack more into a disc? i dont NEED any more. i dont need blu ray. lol.

blue ray doesnt just allow more storage space, but any video game on a blu ray disc will have like tons more pixels than a regular video game disc. more pixels= more graphical development

in other words, blu-ray=better graphics

BUt blue ray is very expensive for the price he is calling off though..... i think Sony and mircosoft jumped to far ahead with the graphics. they completely skipped 780p.............. they should have moved a little slower

Guitarsmasher108 said:
blue ray doesnt just allow more storage space, but any video game on a blu ray disc will have like tons more pixels than a regular video game disc. more pixels= more graphical development

in other words, blu-ray=better graphics

More storage space does not mean more pixels at all. Pixels are entirely dependent upon the console's output capacity and the TV's capacity. Blu ray means more data for a game which CAN mean more textures or more polygons in total but really the excessive space in Blu-ray is just used foolishly. It is certainly effective for HD games but most PC and Xbox 360 games have no issue with fitting onto a single DVD. Most PS3 games just use the extra space so that the game's files do not need to be compressed.

sony made Blue-ray, i very doubt they will let nintendo use it

No...

I don't have a HD TV, I have no need for Blu Ray and I wouldnt have the money.

And as for the online service, I'm presuming your talking about something like Live? I only play my mate Bob online...seriously, hes the only person I ever play against.

psyichic said:
More storage space does not mean more pixels at all. Pixels are entirely dependent upon the console's output capacity and the TV's capacity. Blu ray means more data for a game which CAN mean more textures or more polygons in total but really the excessive space in Blu-ray is just used foolishly. It is certainly effective for HD games but most PC and Xbox 360 games have no issue with fitting onto a single DVD. Most PS3 games just use the extra space so that the game's files do not need to be compressed.

Actually, it does. I was quite surprised when i watched this video. I wouldn't be posting this unless i have a source.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S_Pv2feAzmw

I would, I love the HD... and with a good online... off course

Better Online, Better Graphics, HD-DVDs....and yeah I would be happier.

Cause you get more developers like Cliffy B. Plus Zelda games would look better and last longer.

IDK care if it can play DVD movies/music or not...I mean you can download a Movie Channel or MP3 Channel.

Last edited:
Probably not on LAUNCH.

Or anywhere near it.

Chances are I'd still have been waiting!

But I'd get it anyways~

Back