If the wii had no wiimote, would you have bought it?

jcblough

WiiChat Member
May 17, 2007
If nintendo had tried to follow the pack and just make a more powerful next-gen console with a standard control set, would you have still gotten it just because it was a nintendo or would you have opted to just get a different console.

If the wii didnt have the mote (the whole principal of pointing - controlling movement with the motes) I wouldnt have bought it.

Would of bought it, as it is the only console that has Zelda.

Zelda being the only reason why I bought the Wii.

I would want to buy it more. Knowing it would have more capabilities game wise, the future games such as Zelda, Mario and Metriod would not just look good but they would also have more options to choose from during play.

Nintendo is the system thats always changing, they have yet to have a consistent controller or carts/disc's. They are also renowned for gimmicks, such as putting Super/64/Advanced/DS in the titles.

So yes, i would still buy it and buy the light gun separate.

Would of bought it, as it is the only console that has Zelda.

Zelda being the only reason why I bought the Wii.

Huh? The only Zelda on Wii was Twilight Princess which was on the GC aswell so thats not a very good reason to buy it. If it was a different Zelda, that would make more sense.

Last edited:
I think that if I didn't own one already I would not buy one now BECAUSE of the wiimote. . . . .It seems that every game must use it even though not all are suited to it.

*Please remember that innovation doesn't always equal excellence...... Sinclair C5? You see my point!*

I would have bought it. I've played Nintendo's consoles since birth (not since I was 1 month old but since I can remember), so I'm always going to stick with Nintendo and buy their consoles. Now if something silly happened like Shigeru Miyamoto got hired by Sony or Microsoft, I'd switch to that console... but that's not going to happen.

Basically, I'm following Shigeru Miyamoto around like a lost puppy. Where ever he goes, what ever he does, I follow.

If it is just a regular game console, my wife won't let me get one. It was the whole body involvement that convinced my wife this is a good exercise machine rather than video game. Indeed, she told me to get one for the kids.

The Wii wouldn't have been made without the Wiimote.
If it was a normal pad I would have gotten a Xbox 360

i only bought the wii cuz of the ability to move with it...other than that i would of bought an 360...

well if your lucky, like me, you can have both the great motion sensing of the wii etc and the pad for the 360!

Back