If you buy Wii and Smash Bros in Japan, would I still be able to play wi-fi in canada

final0804

WiiChat Member
Jan 14, 2008
If I buy Wii and Smash Bros in Japan, would I still be able to play wi-fi in canada?
cuz i read through FAQs, and not many ppl asked about this.
Some ppl say yes, some ppl say no, I want the word from ppl who went to japan and actually bought wii, not like hypothesis.
Wi-Fi is like global thing right?
I lived in japan, i can speak japanese, i have 110V volt transferer.
I know that u can't play japanese games by NA Wii.
and i know that the region is locked once u bought it.
oh and, ppl say why would u want to buy wii when NA also sells, cuz i'm going to japan on summer and it's much cheaper there(even if i include wii sports, it's still 26300yen+5% syouhizei[tax])
why am i saying this cuz ppl ask about questions like different things than what i ask.
So plz i want the answers who actually bought wii in japan.

Last edited:
iPulsate said:
Im pretty sure itll still work

i don't think that helps him as he probably have gotton several answers like that

this is a very good question, i don't want to advertise another forum, but i would ask smashboards, as a lot of people there are buying japanese wiis just so they get the game earlier

Yes, you will still be able to connect to the internet and Wi-fi. However, you will only be able to play with people who own the same version of the game as you do. For example, you will only be able to play with Japanese Smash Bros players, not any other version. You want to play with Japanese players in Canada, yes? Then you are ok.

final0804 said:
cuz i'm going to japan on summer and it's much cheaper there(even if i include wii sports, it's still 26300yen+5% syouhizei[tax])

Also, ¥24999 is the price with 税込. There is no 消費税 added more than that.

ちなみに日本でWiiスポーツは本体についてないから注意してね~

Last edited:
Back