If you had the money, would you get a PS3?

The price was one of the main reasons I avoided the PS3. But the deal sealer for me was the PS2 accessories. The inability to plug in my PS1-2 controllers and memory cards made my mind up. When I heard the PS3 had issues playing games like FF10! C'mon! FF10?! And had other various flaws, I was glad i chose the Wii. If I had the money I'd upgrade my comp, again.

What about their Blue Ray/DVD burner built into the PS3? They made promises they never kept. I was really hoping for a sizeable format burner.

Last edited:
If i had the money to buy a ps3 id go out and buy a hdtv for my 360. I no longer will buy sonys gaming products due to there closing of lik sang.

blogman54 said:
I would never buy a ps3 even if I had 600 dollars cash Cuz tham I would have to buy the 60 something dollar game I played it at some stores who cares fancy graphics and if you grew up in the 80's and early 90's you know graphics don't make the game :nono:
In the UK most PS3 games are the same price as wii games ;\

Ive got a wii and Im getting a PS3 23rd March when released in UK. Love the Wii but I also love the PS3. (and my PSP)

And btw Wii games arnt gonna be same price as PS3 games in UK.

Wii games are between £30 and £40 whilst PS3 games are gonna be £50

Sure I'd get it....then I'd sell it on eBay for just 200 dollars more and use my 800 dollars to buy a decent HDTV or some Nintendo Wii accesories. Basically PS3 is pathetic. Its ridiing on a few games and graphics that are no better than XBox 360's. Tell me again what makes Sony original? Oh yeah...NOTHING.

If I had the money for PS3, I wouldn't buy it. Instead i'd buy more games for the Wii or Wii Points cards. (No credit card yet :( )

if i could get one i would, whats wrong with it!! stunning graphics, great games, motion controller

you guys are thick not to take it! fanboys!

i do have the money but i just dont want it. no real interest for it. dont know why either. i guess its cause i have the wii and a ps2 along with a psp.....i dunno i think its cool but we're just not ready for it. like there arent that many blue ray discs out yet and yes its the wave of the future and all that but i think ill hold off

Yellow_Wii said:
if i could get one i would, whats wrong with it!! stunning graphics, great games, motion controller

you guys are thick not to take it! fanboys!

And damn well proud to be one at that. You're just blinded by graphics not realizing that Sony doesn't have any real games besides Final Fantasy and Metal Gear. Get back at me when you have 1 good thing to say about PS3 other than the graphics and a FEW guaranteed hit titles.

*EDIT* Motion Controller!? Are you kidding me? They added that in at the last second after copying Nintendo's ORIGINAL idea. Talk about pathetic.

Last edited:
MasterJedi2U said:
And damn well proud to be one at that. You're just blinded by graphics not realizing that Sony doesn't have any real games besides Final Fantasy and Metal Gear. Get back at me when you have 1 good thing to say about PS3 other than the graphics and a FEW guaranteed hit titles.

*EDIT* Motion Controller!? Are you kidding me? They added that in at the last second after copying Nintendo's ORIGINAL idea. Talk about pathetic.
Killzone?
God of War?

I''l say good stuff about the PS3, your obviously a blinded fanboy if you think it's just graphics.
It has a blu-ray player
Backward compatibility
Can download basically anything (with future firmware updates)

BluRay....yeah lets think about that one. Its not guaranteed to be the next platform for all DVD's no matter how much you might wish it to be. So Sony is taking a gamble with that and so are you by buying it. But to each his own.

They're taking B/C out of the European PS3's as has already been noted in another thread. So thats done with. Even with the ones that are "B/C" they're either messing up or exploding...

So what it can download ANYTHING. Do I really care? I have a computer to download anything I need.

And the two games you mentioned bring the total number of games that are good to 4. And for me I would only buy FFXIII so its whatever. 4 is hardly a lot. In fact its a little amount compared to Nintendo. Call me a "blind fanboy" if you like but I know that I'm just being fair and reasonable. Sure Nintendo has some issues with the Wii but they're are nothing when compared to PS3.

Back