If you had to choose Xbox 360 or Wii

nyczlilthu

WiiChat Member
Apr 18, 2007
i need to decide which to get, i cant make my mind up at all, no hd setup in my room but if i get a 360 im def playing online, only thing is the games for Wii get me hyped like MK armageddon and SM galaxy and SSBB, i would think i would get bored of 360 playing alone and i would have to play online to have fun to seem most of the games are like that on the 360. But the Wii seems tht i can have fun alone or wth friends mostly with friends, but i want something todo alone and with friends help me out

If I had to choose between the two systems I would go with the 360 without a doubt. The main reason being the xbox live capability along with the vast amount of games already released for the console and with Halo 3 on its way.

The only reason as to why I wouldn't choose the Wii is because playing alone get get quite borring pretty fast however it is a great console to own if you plan on having friends over on a daily or so basis. Another reason as to why I wouldn't choose the Wii over the 360 is that it doesn't have any online multiplayer games out at the moment.

i would reccomend the 360 as it has a really good online, which is really fun! the wii will be fun for the first couple of months, but then your going to get bored as there is no online, and the only good multiplayer game for the wii is wario ware and wii sports which will get boring after awhile.

i have both wii and 360. I prefer the 360 because the wide variety of games. The wii was fun for the first 2 to 3 months but since then i've lost all interest in the wii. Though i might be playing sometime in the sumer with the new resident evil games coming out.

360 is awesome for playing online and playing online with friends
the reason why the 360 is so online based is because they believe the future of gaming is everyone owning their own system and gaming online
wii is not as fun alone, its best with friends/people
dont ever get hyped over a port, if you are getting hyped over a port alone then you should not even look at that console with the port

I have owned both and eventually sold my wii. The 360 is a better overall system if you ask me. You get what you pay for.

I'd go for the Wii as I know it wouldnt brake down as easily as the 360

[/Has experence]

i have both (as im sure alot of others here on the forum do aswell)

i have barely touched my wii (giggle) in a while, they havent released enough good games (or at least games that make me wanna rush out and buy them)

there are good games in the pipeline, but for them you need patience waiting for their releases....360 has a load of excellent games out already, plus you can play your xbox games on it (or buy some old ones if you dont own an xbox). basically the 360 has a massive selection of games to choose from, the wii doesnt.

both are good systems, but i think overall the 360 will keep you entertained for longer. with the wii you may get bored of it until the big titles start coming out

GaryT85 said:
i have both (as im sure alot of others here on the forum do aswell)

i have barely touched my wii (giggle) in a while, they havent released enough good games (or at least games that make me wanna rush out and buy them)

there are good games in the pipeline, but for them you need patience waiting for their releases....360 has a load of excellent games out already, plus you can play your xbox games on it (or buy some old ones if you dont own an xbox). basically the 360 has a massive selection of games to choose from, the wii doesnt.

both are good systems, but i think overall the 360 will keep you entertained for longer. with the wii you may get bored of it until the big titles start coming out
I must be some kinda freak as lots of people say this, where as I found the oppersite.

The only game out that I fancy for the 360 is Lost Planet...the only ones coming out are Fable 2, Assassins creed and Banjo...

I "Touch" both consoles in a sense every day...the Wii to play games and the 360 (Before it broke...thanks Microsoft) to merely play DVDs. The only game I love to bits on the 360 thus far is Dead Risng. The consoles not bad just..little generic with its 50 samey shooters and sports ports (Don't go "What about GEARZ N00b lol!!1" because I own the game and can't stand it.).

Plus the games cost a tenner more so...grr.

Well.... Right now: I would go with the 360 as it has a much larger library of games, as well as online play. However, if you don't think you will get enough money for a Wii later this year, I would get the Wii right now with SSBB and Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid 3 on their way.

EDIT: The 360s are also more readily available than the Wii

Oh I might add that I try my best to live off free LIVE trails as I think its rediculous to charge for the online service.

Back