If You Turn Up Your Ipod All The Way Can It Hurt Your Hearing?

Yes it Can...Infact i learn that the Hard way..i always had my mp3 full blast in my hears and now i hear much harder...so now i try to put it in a low Volume..

yeah......it happened to a friend of mines.....he turns it up all the way up almost everyday......he has a hard time hearing now

yea it will mess up these things in your ear and they never reproduce/heal. I dont listen to that much music, and when I do its not on full blast. If you keep on listening full blast your probably going to be deaf when your older

TitansATB said:
yea it will mess up these things in your ear and they never reproduce/heal. I dont listen to that much music, and when I do its not on full blast. If you keep on listening full blast your probably going to be deaf when your older
Your kidding right?:scared: If not, listening to my MP3 on full blast is over

*touches his ears*
*Says im sorry for being so ignorant*

No Im not kidding, I watched it on the news once when I was bored. I was like wtf??? all my friends listen to their ipods full blast. Ill see If I can find an article

EDIT: found one

http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=3607113

"An iPod can go 110 decibels," Light said. "That's huge. It's like a rock concert or an airplane. It's loud."

"It's kind of the same as some of the iPod stories that have come out lately," said Dave Richard, guitarist for Bristol-based band Gretchen. "Little ear pieces that can go to a volume that can, over a period of time, take its toll on you."

VIDEO: http://news.com.com/1606-2_3-6145142.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-05&subj=news

Last edited:
I dont understand why people crank it up. If you go past 75% and listen for more than an hour it is harmful.

The answer is yes it can hurt your ears so its good not to listen to music constantly and if you do, listen to it at a minimum.

i think music sound like crap on full blast. i like it at a comfortable listening level. usually around 50% is where i keep mine at

Yeah I used to have mine full, but it never really hurt too much.
Different effect on different folks I guess.

Bose sound. Making people deaf one store at a time.

The next big epidemic on the USA will be people 20-30 years from now going outright deaf from their loud movies, loud cars, and loud sound systems. Pair that up with Diabetes. Go USA. Raise the bar for self inflicted damage.

Back