Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IGN Game Scoop! AAC Audio?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by Wiily Good, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Wiily Good

Wiily Good WiiChat Member

Hello,

I have been listening to the IGN Game Scoop for a few weeks now and have had no problem. But yesterday I tried to get the most recent one and it downloaded as an AAC audio instead of an mp3. My mp3 player is not an iPd, it is just a cheap one from eBay, so it can't play AAC files.

Why would they change from mp3 that everyone can listen to, to AAC for iPod owners? This seems stupid.

I use Juice - Podcast Receiver 2.2 and I have downloaded numerous other podcasts since then and they are all the normal mp3s so I'm sure I haven't changed something in the options menu.

I guess what I'm asking is, is there any free program that will convert it from an AAC to a mp3? I have looked at many free trial programs but I am pretty sure that they have a track time limit - IGN podcasts are over an hour long!

OK I'll get off my soapbox now.

2. Wiily Good

Wiily Good WiiChat Member

Anyone?

At all?

Maybe?

3. Flip

Flip WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 6487-0727-1500-1514
    6487-0727-1500-1514
    AAC can easily be converted to an MP3. Afaik, iTunes plays both AAC and MP3.

Download a program called dBpoweramp Music Converter from here

I have included the Lame MP3 Codec, in case it is needed. Can't remember if dBpoweramp comes with it.

If you have any questions, PM me.