ign gives Metroid Prime 3 9.5

Thundercun7

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
6847-9373-0836-0292
They also added it's the best game on the wii to date.

10 Presentation
The best yet in the Prime series, Corruption comes to life with atmoshperic cinemas and voice acting. Meanwhile, a medal system and WiiConnect24 support offer great incentive to keep playing.

9.5 Graphics
Currently, Wii's best looking game. Retro's artistic sense is second to none. Prime 3 includes a welcomed variety of gorgeous planets to explore and runs in 480p / 16:9 at 60 frames per second.

10 Sound

The score by Kenji Yamamoto is as moody as ever, even featuring throwbacks to some previous games. The sound effects are punchy and the voice acting is well implemented.

9.5 Gameplay
Spectacular. Controls better than any console first-person game before it, features great pacing and a fun mix of puzzles and shooting. In contrast, there's a tedious fetch quest and some door loads.

9.0 Lasting Appeal
At 20-plus hours, it stands tall next to the other Prime games. The single-player affair is a little easier, but you can extend replay by scanning everything or playing again in Hyper Mode.

Incredible OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average) See All Award Recipients

What do you guys think? is i a fair score?

t-wii said:
id say its fair, but if nintendo power gives it a 10 it probly is worth a 10

No because Nintendo only reviews nintendo games. So when they review a game they are comparing it to all other Nintendo games.

When IGN reviews a game they are comparing it to every other game on every platform. PS3, 360, PC-all of them. Their reviews are much more balanced and fair.

hell yeah, shame about the lack of online play but there you go...

Thundercun7 said:
No because Nintendo only reviews nintendo games. So when they review a game they are comparing it to all other Nintendo games.

When IGN reviews a game they are comparing it to every other game on every platform. PS3, 360, PC-all of them. Their reviews are much more balanced and fair.
not really. the difference is nintendo is trying to market their games in the magazine, while IGN is not. IGN has different staff for each console, the person who reviewed this is the person who reviewed only other wii games and hasnt reviewed any for other console. ive always found wii reviews to be the most bias on IGN, with them scoring games higher just because they grew up playing them since the dawn of age so they already love all big titles before they play them.
also, why do you ask people if thye think its a fair score, youre basically asking: is this a score you wanted?? | people who havent played the game shouldnt be able to judge whether its a fair score.

Last edited:
IGN Wii the most biased? Have you ever really read through a bunch of their Wii reviews? They are extremely harsh on games. Heck, they often get slammed for being so harsh by some Wii owners. How many 9.0+ scores have they given to Wii games? The only one that comes to mind is Twilight Princess. There are a lot of 5s and 6s in that review list. In fact there are a lot of people right now bitching in the comments section of the MP3 review at Matt and Bozon for not giving the game a higher score. It isn't simply IGN that gushes on this game and the Prime series in general, it's pretty much every other site as well. On gamerankings.com the original Prime is 3rd all time with an average score of 96.3%. It's in the same company as Ocarina of Time, Bioshock, Halo, Tekken 3, RE4, Goldeneye, and Mario 64 on that site.

What you really meant to say was you weren't happy that they gave this game a high score therefore you are going to blast them.

Sovieto said:
not really. the difference is nintendo is trying to market their games in the magazine, while IGN is not. IGN has different staff for each console, the person who reviewed this is the person who reviewed only other wii games and hasnt reviewed any for other console. ive always found wii reviews to be the most bias on IGN, with them scoring games higher just because they grew up playing them since the dawn of age so they already love all big titles before they play them.
also, why do you ask people if thye think its a fair score, youre basically asking: is this a score you wanted?? | people who havent played the game shouldnt be able to judge whether its a fair score.

Nope, sorry you're wrong. A review done by IGN is a balanced comparison against all the games on the current market. It's completely different from reviews done in 1st party mags like NOM.

yeah.. I usualy see that IGN is pretty hard on the WII. This game must be pretty good!

Let me also add one thing: I'm not upset that IGN is as hard on Wii games as they are. I like that. I don't want some reviewer to tell me a game is good only to buy it and find a bunch of bad things they didn't tell me about. I like knowing the good and bad when I buy a game. For instance, with Madden 08 Bozon mentioned the possible online lag issues. It hasn't bothered me so far, but had he not mentioned it and I had problems I would have been pissed off. I don't want to be BSed. Is the game good or bad and why? Matt and Bozon are typically pretty good at this.

There is a backlash right now over the PS3 reviewers giving Heavenly Sword a 7.0. They told people what they thought of the game. If someone buys the game and finds that it is repetitive and short, well the review told them that ahead of time.

Back