IGN Hands-On Review

naisatoh

MS3
May 26, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Wii Online Code
6760-4137-2833-7556
IGN Hands-On Review (Stages and Costume Changes..)

IGN has published their hands on review from the Nintendo Media Summit in San Francisco. From what I've read so far, their impressions are quite positive.

IGN Hands-On Review

A few interesting points:

Stages:
As for the battlefields, there's the "Smash Battlefield", Delfino Plaza from Super Mario Sunshine, TP's Bridge of Eldin, the Halberd from Kirby, Yoshi's Island, Norfair (Metroid), Lylat Cruise from Star Fox, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Sky World from Kid Icarus.
The Smash Dojo has yet to reveal Norfair, so expect it to come soon (tomorrow?)

Costume Changes:
Since each character can also switch colors pre-fight, Nintendo took the opportunity to seamlessly include Dark Link as one of the character options. He fights the same, but looks totally badass, which is a must.
Looks like characters are going to have costume changes..

Assist Trophies:
Other attacks we've seen already include a floating Metroid that sucks onto battlers, a massive attack of multiple 2D Advance Wars sprites, various Pokemon, a dashing Drill Dozer attack, the Excite Bike attack (similar to the Advance Wars move), and then of course the fire flower, baseball bat, beam sword, and the like.
Metroids, Advanced Wars sprites, Drill Dozer..

Last edited:
What is norfair like, im drawing a blank. Is that the stage we saw in the conference video where charizard and torchic were? It looked like planet zebes to me.

And I also so in the hands on is that alternate costumes are in. Link to dark link. The metroid AT that sticks onto players and sucks them. Customizable controlls for each controller. A drill dozer attack. Most likely and item or AT. The beam sword is returning, andvanced war sprites, super sonic is sonic's fs(which i'm sure we all knew), and it talks about the controlls on which button does what.

I like this hands on. I would've liked to hear some more about the new stuff, like items, fs, at, and whatever else but it's good. I'll check some more sites to see if they have a thing on the brawl demo.

There are two gameplay vids on ign now. Check them out. One for characters and levels and one on castle siege.

Edit: Character entrances are back. Mario comes in through the pipe, yoshi pops out of the egg, diddy I can't tell, and metaknight looks like he was invisible then he strikes his sword and is visible again.

This day is turning out to be too bad, the graphics look amazing.

There is a drill dozer AT is goes across the screen and hurts the players, it's fairly small.

The stage where he saw charizard and torchic is norfair.

Last edited:
I watched IGN's videos, and isn't that a very Luigi shade of Green Mario is wearing?

Just curious, but hwy would they give Mario a Luigi green?

I noticed that too. I thought it was was luigi at first then i saw the damage meter. I don't know why they would make a luigi alt costume. I'm sure luigi is in though.

Found new vid. Shows samus's entrance, samus's final smash, super mushrooms are returning, you have to hit a smash ball a couple times to activate it. And it shows the advanced wars AT.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YG9VKu2xOHU

Last edited:
Back