Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
http://wii.ign.com/articles/792/792495p1.html

5.2-ouch

maybe i will rent this....

out of 10 click here for ratings guide
6.0 Presentation
Dozens of new mini-games and a handful of new modes. You can incorporate your Miis into some games, but not all. Interface works, but the visuals are dated.
5.0 Graphics
The only Nintendo-published Wii game that doesn't really run in 16:9 widescreen mode, it's clear that Mario Party 8 was originally a GCN effort. The graphics don't even impress as a GCN title.
5.0 Sound
Some of the boards have catchy MIDI music, but character sound effects repeat often.
5.0 Gameplay
The formula is wearing thin. Some of the new minis use the Wii remote in unique and fun ways. Most don't. The single-player game is like torture.
8.0 Lasting Appeal
If you can overlook its shortcomings, Mario Party 8 offers a robust list of minis and modes to keep you busy and everything is better with friends.
Mediocre OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

8.0 Lasting Appeal
If you can overlook its shortcomings, Mario Party 8 offers a robust list of minis and modes to keep you busy and everything is better with friends.

That's what makes Mario Party.

I'm probobly just going to wait for a good time to play it with people and exploit some stores return policy unless it's actualy good.

BTW: Andy f'ed up today.

he didnt do that bad and plz dont talk about it.. its very frusterating. there about to lose.. again ( 5 game losing streak)

My fiancé and I picked up this game today. We played one 15 turn match and it was a good time. The 16 mini games we played were a mix of motion control and dpad. All of the mini games we played were relatively fun. This game is basically exactly the same as previous MP games. If you didn't like the other ones, you won't like this one despite the motion controls.

Overall, I like it so far, but I'm a fan of MP games.

P.S. in reply to Levesqueisking from his obnoxious post: there haven't been any 'button mashing' games

i think the games come out disappointing because we all think that its going to be so amazing because of the controls and we just don't think the game can be anything but amazing. I also have a problem of people saying these graphics look worse than most GCN games duh you are going to think that cause we have all seen what the PS3 and Xbox 360 so it makes what the wii does look really out of date when really its not. Also, This is the first generation of games for this system they not been able to take full control of the wiis hardware yet... i mean look at the GCN last few games compaired to say Luigis Mansion. but those are just my feelings (and who cares about graphics anyways its all about GAME play for a videoGAME)

oh yeah thursday i am buying this game when i get some money

Last edited:
+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
Why Do We Have About 10 Threads About Tis Game?
Why do we have 1,428+ threads abotu Zelda?
Why not...

And I meant that stolen base... That was hard to watch:sick:

I bought the game today. At first I was disappointed. It is a bit boring at times, but the board game makes it better. If your banking on renting this for the minigames only, your gonna be disappointed. You have to unlock them by playing the board game.

Overall, I would give it a 6. My wife loves it so its okay with me. I like it but not love it. My little brother was visiting and actually took it out and put super paper mario in. If it was just me playing, I would not buy this game. However, it is fun with groups. Not sure what else to say about it.

I cant wait for games like strikers and The Bigs. Im into competive games like that. These games are alot of luck, a little skill. Aggrevating at times but its all good.

I think gamespot puts it best with this quote. "There are some good minigames in Mario Party 8, but the overly familiar, chance-heavy board game wrapper gets in their way." Exactly what I was trying to say. To chance heavy

Last edited:
wow what a disappointment, great that means im gonna go another couple weeks without even turning my wii on

are they reviewing this in SP? Maybe they should review it with 3 other people. I bet scores would be better. Its sad to see that chance factor is still in this one. I mean its cool and all to be the underdog and come out on top, but it happens almost too frequently and it sucks.

Back