IGN Reviews Medal of Honor: Vanguard

I'll take Call of Duty 3's tighter controls and superior gameplay over EA's pretty lights any day.

Medal of Honor has always been better than COD to me. Allied Assault was one of the best WW2 games ever. I went to get Vanguard today, but of course my stupid Walmart didn't have it, and it'll be next week before I can go back to school and go by Best Buy to get it. I hope it's good!

im still waiting for reviews. part of me is saying forget reviews and get it anyways, the other part is saying, wait for reviews, if they dont like it, dont get it.

i found a review on 1up.. i dont like 1up, they hate the wii.. they gave this game a 4.0 BUT BUT BUT, it has an Average score that is scored from users and that is a score of 8.0. so the way i see it is, this person who rated it said, its not good enough for him and he wanted to find as many little things as he could to say its bad....... but users voted and it an 8.0.. i trust the users more.

I think IGN has actually gotten a bit better when it comes to reviews and being fair about games. I sorta agree with what they're saying. This is why I've avoided Farcry, Call of Duty, Blazing Angels, and now Medal of Honor. The games aren't going to be as great as they could be. And I think its very likely that these developers are ALREADY working on the NEXT game for each sequel which will most likely come out on the Wii since its sold so well. Therefore I prefer to wait for a game that I KNOW will:
1) Better Graphics
2) Better Gameplay/Control System
2) Have Online Support and Multiplayer
3) Higher quality storyline, etc. Things to keep you interested in the game as a whole.

Wiitime said:
i found a review on 1up.. i dont like 1up, they hate the wii.. they gave this game a 4.0 BUT BUT BUT, it has an Average score that is scored from users and that is a score of 8.0. so the way i see it is, this person who rated it said, its not good enough for him and he wanted to find as many little things as he could to say its bad....... but users voted and it an 8.0.. i trust the users more.

Assuming, of course, that these "User reviews" aren't from EA employees, or persons being paid to vote by EA. I try to take all fan reaction with a grain of salt, don't underestimate the length people will go to hype their games/music/movies.

ppl rated the game on ebgames.com

4 ppl rated it... 2 ppl like it, 1 person just spoke about the game and the feautres ( i dont think he owned it yet) and the last person said it was short with multiplayers level, single player was good.... so.... im still not sure... anyone have it yet? or getting it?

1up should not be trusted with these reviews...4.0 for medal of honor is to low, and they gave Zelda a perfect 10 with a lousy review (lousy as in not explaining much).

NOTE: there are many mixed reviews with the sites, it's like a war. I would go with multiple user reviews before going into IGN, GS, 1up, or any other. I also recommend going on youtube and search "(insert game here) reviews". Those bring out better points and give it to you in more direct way then just reading it.

Rival Destiny

we might never find out how the game really is. Except for a few ppl, i dont think many ppl r getting this game... i thought a lot of ppl would. COD3 a lot of ppl wanted and spoke about that.... o well, if i dont get this game, then my next game will be__________ no idea!

Wiitime said:
i have been waiting for there review.. its not bad 7 out of 10... he said muliplayer isnt that bad. and if i u can get used the controls u will like it.. will i buy it? idk.. i will wait for more reviews.. do i believe ign? somewhat, i look at all reviews, ebgames, on the forums, ign etc. for example. ign rated cooking mama a 5 i belive, ebgames has it for 4-5 starts and that with many ppl grading it... i will have to wait and see.
Keep in mind that a lot of positive user reviews on sites like ebgames and amazon are just insecure customers who are trying to validate their purchase by saying its good and seeing other people like them say its good. I would trust a reviewer over some schmoe who just bought the game any day of the week.

My local GameStop got some Medal of Honor Vanguards today, I might go there and get one soon.

where is let_it_burn? he was supposed to give us a review by now!!

Back