im craving some news on THE BIGS!

i agree...... completely.. but i am not giving up hope in this game and i hope you dont either... yes there is no season mode.. there is a rookie mode where u make ur own player and play to win the WS and get him the MVP. But it might still be fun...

Wiitime said:
i agree...... completely.. but i am not giving up hope in this game and i hope you dont either... yes there is no season mode.. there is a rookie mode where u make ur own player and play to win the WS and get him the MVP. But it might still be fun...

thats like superstar mode in madden, and ive always liked that.

well ign did talk about it in there podcast... Here is what they said

They first talked about the batting, they were dissapointed that 2k didnt fix the lag. There is still a lag in the batting and noticeable like if you strike out, its because of the lag and it wasent timed right, but IT IS Playable... They said pitching is awsome and fielding is where they have the most problems. They said there were flaws there. For example bozon said last month when he played it, there was a differnt way of throwing to the bases and now this time, it wasent working or they switched the controls and he didnt know how to do it. they also said the game is coming out within a month so it might not be June 25th.. SO they were wondering if 2k will fix those problems. They said its not as polished graphics wise at wii sports. then they spoke about 3rd party games and there graphics.. they also added theres cool stuff like when running home, you drum the controls to try to get the catcher to drop the ball, but you can also just use the D pad or something like that and said simplier can be better.

In other words, its what they said on the handson from last month which is what they said..... the game has some promblems but its playable.... If this game isnt coming out when we think. Then 2k still has time to fix the lag and stuff. I still plan on getting this game. They didnt say its awful, they said its a decent game and fun...

i see this game as being one that is going to take some time to learn, but in the end, be a fun game

Last edited:
i hope the games comes out the 25th...... i also hope 2k fixes the lag....but i am still going to get this!!

to me it seems as though this is a rushed title. i wonder if that's what will define Wii games in 2007: innovate control ideas, flawed execution. obviously its extremely hard to use new technology (do you think that if Columbus was given a nuclear submarine and an infinite budget, he could build another one?). i just hope they figure out these problems and put Wii on 2K8.

i hope there is a 2k8 just so its not arcade and hopefully have online and more... idk if this was rushed, i guess we will find out next week. When i get it, i will post a review

Wiitime said:
i hope there is a 2k8 just so its not arcade and hopefully have online and more... idk if this was rushed, i guess we will find out next week. When i get it, i will post a review

we'll team up on one, im getting both bigs and pokemon on Monday, so just pm me after you've played a little and we'll combine our feelings:wink:.

FWELR said:
we'll team up on one, im getting both bigs and pokemon on Monday, so just pm me after you've played a little and we'll combine our feelings:wink:.

sounds good. I will either get it Monday or Tuesday if the stores have it by then.....

I'll be joining you 2 on the review of "The Bigs". Like the above poster, I was quasi disappointed that it is an "arcade" style game vice a more traditional game. Either way, My wife & I enjoy WiiBaseball so hopefully this will be an upgrade. The graphics look good & I think I read on IGN that when they tested it, they had a great time.

PS

GO YANKEES!!!!

infaredx2 said:
I'll be joining you 2 on the review of "The Bigs". Like the above poster, I was quasi disappointed that it is an "arcade" style game vice a more traditional game. Either way, My wife & I enjoy WiiBaseball so hopefully this will be an upgrade. The graphics look good & I think I read on IGN that when they tested it, they had a great time.

PS

GO YANKEES!!!!

lets hope its a great game! and YES!! GO YANKEES!!!

The game will be available in the US by 2, let's just say I saw a sunday ad for a big box retailer. If it's in the ad, it's coming out!

not to disappoint, but when I picked up RE4 (AWESOME btw) the EB person said ""The Bigs" comes out Wednesday":shocked:

Next Wednesday? Thats about right. If it ships monday, by Wednesday they should have it.

Im confused!!

I am really fricken confused!!! First it's online then its not. I keep hearing that it isn't and that it still is. I don't know who to belive! Maybe it will be but it's a suprise, who knows. I'll probally get it even if it dosn't have wi-fi. I need something to last me untill Strickers Charged comes out in July. Besides who wants Pokemon!!! talk about a stupid game. Why does that have to be the first wi-fi release in the U.S :sick:

Back