im craving some news on THE BIGS!

Oh yea i forgot:

games: Legend of Zelda Twighlight princess,Red Steel,Wii Sports,Excite Truck,Wii Play,Super Mario Bros.,Donkey Kong,Ninja Gaiden,Baseball,MarioKart 64, Super Mario 64, 4 remotes and 4 nunchucks

gamefreak, i know u just got here, but when you need to add something to your post, click the edit button. double posting just clogs up the threads.

now, regarding online: it is true. there is no online. it has been confirmed from several sources, including numerous letters by myself and Wiitime to 2K sports. but, this is the only baseball game on the wii besides Wii Sports, so online or not, you should still get it.

PS: the 2K8 version should be on the Wii and online, just like Madden 08 will be when 07 wasn't.

Last edited:
Technically no. Well yes if you don't include Baseball on the virtual console. Honestly i like it better then the one on wii sports (Even though it is from 1985)

games: Legend of Zelda Twighlight princess,Red Steel,Wii Sports,Excite Truck,Wii Play,Super Mario Bros.,Donkey Kong,Ninja Gaiden,Baseball,MarioKart 64, Super Mario 64, 4 remotes and 4 nunchucks

Oh yea incase you guys are still wondering The Bigs ships the 25th but Bestbuy will have it on the 26th

Last edited:
just thought of a possibility for a future Wii baseball game (2K8 please!!).

so, in like a manager mode, what if you could give the signs? like, there'd be an option to create your own signs, then during a game you could execute them? ie: point the wiimote at your head and press B (tipping the cap), nunchuck next to the ear (ear grab), and you could brush your shirt for a steal. just thought it sounded cool, what do you guys think? ill post this in the official baseball thread, too.

that sounds cool...... You can be the manager and tell the players what to do..

Wiitime said:
that sounds cool...... You can be the manager and tell the players what to do..

exactly, instead of pressing a button that says hit and run, you give the signal for it. and it could be seen through the eyes of the manager, instead of some crappy menu screen. also, you could do realistic arguing by waving your arms and if they come out with a mic you could yell at the umps, lol. im more excited for manager mode instead of the actual gameplay.

so, about our the Bigs review, i think im gettin it tuesday (at least that's when they said it would come.) ill play it that day and pm you with my feelings and we'll combine on a review, no ;)

i read somwhere that nintendo power gave it a 6.5! I was expecting 7+.. But they anazlyze everything. I wonder what ign will give the game...

I was talking to my wife about "The Bigs" in the car and were on the bubble again about it. SO i youtube'd the bigs and we watched the gamplay trailer 2 and were impressed, plus my wife said she wouldnt be interested in playing a traditional baseball game (she said it would bore her, but she does watch it even though shes a Red Sock fan =\ )shed be more interested in a flashy fast paced game, so on that note I am buying "The Bigs" and maybe Pokemon.

OH, FYI if you buy "The Bigs" from Best Buy they have different cover art for thier stores only, it has Justin Morneau from the twins on it. I am buying the Best Buy version cause I hate Albert Pujols and the Cardinals. Thanks Best Buy

Nice! I think it will be a fun game. When i read ppl saying it will be bad or hear Np gave it a 6.5, i rethink about the game. But i am a huge huge baseball fan, and i think this game will be fun, not perfect but fun. Like ign said its a good start for a baseball game on the wii. I wish it had season mode by i guess rookie challenge will be good enough. Once you time hitting down, i bet its fun, fielding i bet can be difficult at times and ign said pitching is awsome. So overall i hope i enjoy the game...

I will probably be getting this a gamestop. Its close to my house.

this time tuesday, i will have the game! I really hope im not going to be dissapointed. Im not expecting a top notch perfect game. But i am hoping for it to be fun and well made.

i wish they would come out with a traditional baseball game, with season mode and everything. everone's forcing the multiplayer on the wii, but you can't have a party everyday. i was looking forward to a regular baseball game with season or franchise mode. i could see this being a good rental.

well theres the rookie challenge. thats not forcing multi player.. that sounds interesting and can be a lot of fun

Back