I'm finally Online!

Jeremy_und2004

I have my Wii!!!!!!
Nov 19, 2006
Minnesota
Well I finally got online yesterday (which was a long wait considering I got my wii the day after Thanksgiving), and it's really cool. So far I got the browser, checked facebook from my Wii, and downloaded 2 games ( Super Mario and TMNT!). I picked up the USB-Ethernet adapter from Gamestop, and it seems to work great. Only problem is that I'm afraid of my Wii being on too much during the night. Is it just from getting updates and stuff like that? If I unplug the ethernet cable during the night I shouldn't have any problems, should I?

By the way, here the pic of me Facebooking from the Wii. Talk about a large browser page, :lol:
n29406968_32234801_7522.jpg

hi....congrats on getting online.

personally, i wouldn't keep unplugging the ethernet cable. if you do it too often, you run the risk of creating a "loose" contact which will give you connection errors in the long run.

a safer bet would be to either turn off your modem/pc/router or hold the power button down on the Wii until you get the red light as opposed to the orange standby light.

FR3344LL said:
hi....congrats on getting online.

personally, i wouldn't keep unplugging the ethernet cable. if you do it too often, you run the risk of creating a "loose" contact which will give you connection errors in the long run.

a safer bet would be to either turn off your modem/pc/router or hold the power button down on the Wii until you get the red light as opposed to the orange standby light.

Thanks I'll hafta try that. i'm just a little paranoid about leaving stuff on overnight. Especially because I have the clear Chill Station and that stays on as long as it in standby mode, so that would make sure that both of them are off.

Back