I'm frustrated.

EK987

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
Chicago
I'm extremely frustrated. I've had 2 chances to get the Wii.

1) My mom and I drove by EB Games at 12:00 AM and no one was in line. The store opened at 7:00 AM. But, she wouldn't let me camp out.

2) My mom called EB Games about an hour after they sold out of the Wiis. I was at school, so I wasn't there to call every 30 minutes.

Do you think I'll be able to easily get a Wii before Christmas? Like just walk into the store on any given day and buy a Wii? Or probably after Christmas?

Ok, so I'll probably just get it over winter break. You think I can pick it up on like January 5th?

this wii thing is getting out of hand in america. everyone in aus got one if they wanted one. good luck though mate, i say keep ringing and checking all the stores, your bound to fine one before chrissy

Jono said:
this wii thing is getting out of hand in america. everyone in aus got one if they wanted one. good luck though mate, i say keep ringing and checking all the stores, your bound to fine one before chrissy

...Your avatar inspires me to do great things..and by that I mean hump alot of cars.

not even after xmas not right off.... lol ur best bet is preorder to reserve one

if u want one before xmas i say try to camp out on a saturday night alot of places get weekend shipments for some reason..if your too young and mom wont stay out with ya then i dont know what to say,, its hard to get your hands on one, i lucked out i guess thats all its about, being lucky..good luck man i hope you get one

wow. i didnt realize getting a wii was so frickin hard.

just make friends with a manager at like gamestop or somewhere and ask them to call u when they get them in.

mmceachern said:
wow. i didnt realize getting a wii was so frickin hard.

just make friends with a manager at like gamestop or somewhere and ask them to call u when they get them in.

Haha, yea right. I doubt that would work.

Ok what type of sexual favor did u have to do for the manager of your local gamestop?

I didn't do a sexual favor, I work at a gamestop. My manager has been holding ps3's for her customers who actually weren't douchebags calling over the phone asking to hold one for them.

If you go into a store several times and they don't have it, just ask the manager nicely to call you (give your number) when they get them in, and generally, they might just comply.

The demand for the Wii in the US is not slowing down... and is actually RISING! Many who bought a Wii at launch (myself included) ended up showing off the Wii to friends and family over the Thanksgiving holiday. That generated MORE demand for it as people saw what this thing can do.

Even though Nintendo has done an excellent job of maintaining supplies of consoles each week, they simply can't keep up with the growing demand.

What happened on Thanksgiving is going to happen at Christmas and New Years Eve. Add to that kids who will get money for Christmas who will want a Wii too.

I would be genuinely surprised if one could simply walk into a store and buy a Wii any time before Feb'07. If the WiiConnect channels come online and are as useful as appear to be, and Opera lives up to expectations, then all bets are off... and it could be many months AFTER that before Wiis are readily available.

Now, I have another question. If Nintendo comes up with some new channel, how do you get it on your Wii? Is it true that you just update your system using Wi-Fi?

Back