i'm getting the Wii but no nothing about the games

NateTheGreat said:
Go here to see all the games that will be launched in the "launch window" a.k.a. from November 19th to March 31, 2007.

Zelda, you must as everyone has said, pick it up by default, but from there you could go for Exite Truck, Monkey Ball, or Red Steel among others.

I'm unhappy with most of these games. Who wants crap like CARS and Open Season?!!!

george:) said:
hey, back again..i see alot of you (or all of you) are saying get red steel..i know i should look my self but could you guys please tell me what it is? as i have never heard of it befor, thanks. and i was thinking about getting zelda anyway ;)
Red Steel is a first person shooter developed by Ubisoft (the makers of such great franchises as Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell) and uses both the wiimote and nunchuk; wiimote for aiming and sword fighting, and nuchuk for moving, opening doors, throwing or rolling grenades, etc. It's a somewhat basic story: You live in America, your girlfriend is kidnapped by Yakuza (like the mafia, except Japanese), you fight through America and Japan to get back your girl. Yeah, it's a bit more complex than that, but that's the jist of it.

Go here for a better description and here's a video:
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zea6FH1w1Zc[/MEDIA]

UkranianTractor said:
I'm unhappy with most of these games. Who wants crap like CARS and Open Season?!!!
Zelda, Red Steel, Excite Truck, Monkey Ball, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Far Cry, Need For Speed: Carbon, Madden '07, Call of Duty: 3! You're DISAPPOINTED by this lineup? This is probably the best launch lineup in history!:yikes:

NateTheGreat said:
Zelda, Red Steel, Excite Truck, Monkey Ball, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Far Cry, Need For Speed: Carbon, Madden '07, Call of Duty: 3! You're DISAPPOINTED by this lineup? This is probably the best launch lineup in history!:yikes:

Well I don't know about you but I think Splinter Cell is an overrated game in the first place. However, I'm even less likely to buy a graphically inferior version of it(compared to the 360) so I can use the wiimote. Need for Speeds get turned out every year - they're for chav gamers! Also, the wii version will be graphically inferior to the 360 version. The same goes for Call of Duty. And I don't like American football. There should be more exclusive adventure games like Zelda, games you can immerse yourself in. At the moment, Zelda, Red Steel and Mario are the only ones that get me excited.

UkranianTractor said:
Well I don't know about you but I think Splinter Cell is an overrated game in the first place. However, I'm even less likely to buy a graphically inferior version of it(compared to the 360) so I can use the wiimote. Need for Speeds get turned out every year - they're for chav gamers! Also, the wii version will be graphically inferior to the 360 version. The same goes for Call of Duty. And I don't like American football. There should be more exclusive adventure games like Zelda, games you can immerse yourself in. At the moment, Zelda, Red Steel and Mario are the only ones that get me excited.
All I was doing was listing different games from different genres because I didn't know what you did/didn't like. I don't like American football either, nor Need For Speed (Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition was WAY better). As for Splinter Cell, did you play the first one the whole way through? If so, I have a hard time believing you'd find it overrated and the versions since have included some of the most innovative multiplayer styles; perhaps you just don't like stealth games in general. I wouldn't buy the Wii version either because of the lack of graphics and especially online play, but if I was only getting a Wii, I'd pick it up for the gameplay which promises to use both the wiimote and nunchuk.

Anyway I agree, I want to see more innovative and deep games like Zelda, Red Steel, Mario, Metroid, SSBB, and games like Shadow of the Colossus and Katamari Damacy. Still, if you think this is a weak lineup, then you must be disappointed by new consoles a lot.

UkranianTractor said:
I think all this age rating of games is ridiculous. As if any kid is going to play Red Steel or GTA and then go out in the real world and rape, mug and murder people!! lol I've been watching 18-cert horror films since the age of 6 or 7 years old and it's never done me any harm. I don't have a criminal record.

Age ratings on computer games are a result of interfering politicians who want to control every aspect of our lives.

The games you play and the movies and TV shows you watch do affect you. There have been scientific studies that prove this.

The ratings help parents know what they're kids are playing. As a parent, I can tell you that the ratings are good for more than politics, they're actually helpful.

Besides, the government doesn't prevent you from buying certain games - the retailers do that all by themselves.

Inspire said:
The games you play and the movies and TV shows you watch do affect you. There have been scientific studies that prove this.

The ratings help parents know what they're kids are playing. As a parent, I can tell you that the ratings are good for more than politics, they're actually helpful.

Besides, the government doesn't prevent you from buying certain games - the retailers do that all by themselves.

The problem with these "scientific studies" is that you were not there to witness them. You don't know they have happened?!!!! This reminds me of the "global warming" discussion. There is no real scientific evidence that the planet is in any danger yet politicians via the media try to indoctrinate us. To a large extent it seems to be working. But back in the 70s we were being warned about an impending ice age!!! What happened?!!! lol Computer Games and Global Warming are good topics of discussion for politicians to put out there when there are real issues better talked about that reflect badly on said politicians, e.g. goings on in Iraq.

Well you're already thinking Zelda, so that's good. But I'd also really recommend Super Monkey Ball. Especially if you have friends play games with you every once in a while (or all the time!). I guess this isn't a game for everyone though.

Here's a video to check out.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=W5dFX2XybHo[/MEDIA]

UkranianTractor said:
The problem with these "scientific studies" is that you were not there to witness them. You don't know they have happened?!!!! This reminds me of the "global warming" discussion. There is no real scientific evidence that the planet is in any danger yet politicians via the media try to indoctrinate us. To a large extent it seems to be working. But back in the 70s we were being warned about an impending ice age!!! What happened?!!! lol Computer Games and Global Warming are good topics of discussion for politicians to put out there when there are real issues better talked about that reflect badly on said politicians, e.g. goings on in Iraq.
Well you aren't bringing up any studies that show that games don't affect people. Oh, and yes they do affect people. Give me a break, you don't need a survey to answer that. You rent a movie that has extreme violence and the first time you see it, you'll be grossed out (at least a little bit and a lot when you are young and you've never seen anything violent). The next time you watch it, you'll still be grossed out, but not as much. Watch the movie 10 times and you'll become desensitized. That's an effect for sure. Now whether that movie drives you to reenact the events is a whole other story; generally people that reenact things they see in movies or games were already messed up and then they just blame the movie or videogame, using them as a scapegoat. I don't have a problem buying a violent game like Ninja Gaiden or GoW, but I do have a problem with little kids seeing things that in all seriousness take away a part of their innocence.

As for global warming, I don't want to get into a debate here, although this is already a bit of one, but again you don't need study groups. Global warming is happening and both democrats and republicans agree on this. The only people that don't are big oil companies and people who invest in them. Burning anything causes carbon monoxide to be released which, if there is too high a concentration of, deteriorates the ozone layer, which lets the sun's heat waves through, causing the temperature of the earth to gradually increase. It's already happening and if we continue to play to the big oil companies, we will destroy this planet over time and all the animals and people on it. I generally place people who don't believe global warming is real in the same boat as those that don't believe we went to the moon, that don't believe dinosaurs existed, that believe we came from Adam and Eve rather than primates (we didn't really come from primates so much as we were and still are a race of them), and those that believe one day an alien space ship will come and take us all away.

You don't sound quite like one of those people because you obviously realize, for instance, that Iraq is a mess and that we should be worrying about more important things like that and other pressing issues like that the US currently has over 250000 slaves of differing kinds and bashing videogame violence, pixilated violence, less.

Last edited:
yeah I hate to get off topic but I'm taking environmental science, and there are studies and it is proven global warming is an issue

You're obviously from the US. Well I'm in Scotland. Look, I can't say for certain that global warming is not happening because I'm not an expert. But that doesn't mean it is happening. All I'm saying is that it is easy to indoctrinate people if they allow themselves to be indoctrinated. You never commented on the point I made about the furore that happened in the 1970s where people were claiming there was an ice age about to happen. What a lot of people don't understand is that the earth goes through cycles. Dinosaurs could have been killed off due to a cycle of extremely hot weather. However, back then there were not any Republicans/Democrats to blame humans for [polluting the atmosphere.

This is off-topic, but it's obvious that this thread has went off-topic; so who cares?

Here's what I think about Global Warming.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=2kOCv-yfhTc[/MEDIA]

I agree with four things that guy^ said: "We don't even know how to take care of ourselves," "25 species per day go extinct," "The people are ****ed," and "The Earth has been around for 4.5 billion years."
He also has such intelligent and memorable comments as: "We're a threat? Somehow, we're gonna' put in jeapordy this beautiful, little, blue-green ball that's just a floatin' around the sun?"
Pff and this from Mr. Conductor of Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back