Im not sure if anybody realised this

Jakobthelyre

WiiChat Member
Aug 22, 2006
but the wii controller is actually the first Right and left handed controller....ever!

i dont know, but this could be a really cool thing, or not....

Yeah! Instead Of A PS2/X-Box/GC Controller Being Analog Stick On The Left You Can Make It Either Side On This System!

i think "ever" might be pushing it. An atari joystick could be used with either. just an example

edit: im always so negative, im changing my title to Devil's Advocate

I realized this the other day you cant do that with a normal contoller can you!

I thought one of the features of the N64 controller - heck the reason for the C-pad was to allow left handed players an equal footing. Meh, still good.

I dont think it really matters cause im adept to using both my right and left thumb for gaming to an equal level. Playing games in my opinion has nothing to do with left and right, ive never seen left handed gamers being disadvantaged in gaming.

Okay.. I'll break in.. Im left handed.. And im gonna have tons of trouble aiming *Red steel* With the wii mote.. So i am going to be switching them around with nunchuck in right hand.. And wiimote on left.. Just though i would cut it :)

I saw another thread on this.. but I never really realised what you meant.. though left handed people don't have trouble with controllers (im ambidextrous ;) (both handed)) but yeah they can't rearrange how they hold the controller to suit them, whereas with the remote they can! :D (I know i just summed up the point of this thread :tard: was jus explaining it to my self :lol:)

Interesting, do you think it will matter if you hold the wiimote and nunchuck in opposite hands? what about multiplayer gaming, will it have any affect..

With me.. I'll hold it the normal way to hold the mote and nunchuck.. and i'll be better playin that way as i'll get used to it, but I dunno.. i might be able to play the other way around.. but i'll just be a weaker player in multiplayer :lol:

i0n said:
Interesting, do you think it will matter if you hold the wiimote and nunchuck in opposite hands? what about multiplayer gaming, will it have any affect..
i dont think it will, the controller is still working the same, just on different hands.

Remember Iwata is left-handed, and he likes that everybody can play videogames like him.

well remember they wanted people that have never even played a video game before, to play the wii.

so im pretty sure more non-gamers would like gaming more with the wii, if they didnt have to "adapt" to only holding the controller a certain way.

but the again, in excite truck, you HAVE to hold the controller sideways, so.................................youre still limited....

ya never know.....you know?

Back