Im ready to hunt some monsters

ZeroAX1

WiiChat Member
Apr 15, 2010
compton, ca, USA
Wii Online Code
8192-8739-0524-4988
I'm gonna viscously attack a wild beast and strip the flesh from his body!!!

LOL just kidding i want to play monster hunter NOW!

Playing it right now as we speak :) Definitely was worth the wait. Online servers become active in about 8 hours!

Expect them to be clogged up from the word GO!!

(Also expect the coming of a Monster Hunter section of the site so feel free to make a few threads about it as long as there all not just friend code ones))

Is this Monster Hunter even that good? It's getting the most varied reactions and reviews I've seen in awhile... Someone mind giving a detailed account on why they like the game?

Is this Monster Hunter even that good? It's getting the most varied reactions and reviews I've seen in awhile... Someone mind giving a detailed account on why they like the game?

I'm with ssbfreakck, still need to see if its worth all the hype it's getting.

Take Phantasy Star online - Space + weapons + tweeking weapons - online costs = Monster Hunter

Did anyone mention that it was in official awesome anime Gintama a few times?
Its one that is not for those of you that have busy lifes as it will eat up your time.
There is a 360/PS3 one on the way but it has monthly costs.

But it is one of those games that you will like it or wont

It's very challenging IMO. It forces you from the beginning to master dodging and blocking. Plus, I think it is the first and only game to bring what the wii has needed for years now. Good online. They got rid of those god awful friend codes finally, and allow us to talk to anyone on wii speak. AND its free. Graphics are better then many wii games, and no lag. Customization has no limits. You create your character, facial features and all, and also can forge and upgrade all of your armor and weapons to suit your needs. Such freedom has always been something I strive for. I like these games that you never officially 'beat', and only attempt to become the best of everyone, and it's free! what more could you ask. I realize that this post is highly opinionated, so please don't flame me for this. Im just trying to show my feelings.

What i'm worried about is the big monster fights. what happens if your team quits during one of those long battles?

Every score on Metacritic so far is above an 8.0, except for some UK review of the Japanese import version which got a 7, which shouldn't even be there as the Jap version doesn't have Wii Speak or free online which I expect would make a big difference to the score.

I had my doubts but from what I've seen I'm convinced and I'm thinking we'll pick Monster Hunter up this weekend (also partly due the fact that Trauma Team got pushed back to May so I have more game $'s for April now).

I'm not that good yet & do not understand a lot of stuff in the game, but I'm already addicted.

Have not been this addicted to a game since Everquest II, & thats playing mostly offline, but have enjoyed a few online experiences.

I'm with ssbfreakck, still need to see if its worth all the hype it's getting.

I got the game at the weekend and have only just got through the first set of quests. From what I've played so far though I'd say it certainly lives up to the hype.

There is no story as such and the controls are a bit clunky (although not as clunky as Resident Evil for example) but there is something special about this game. It seems to suck you into the world, the time flies by and you really do feel a lot of satisfaction after completing a quest or slaying a difficult monster.

I haven't played it enough to say that it is the best Wii game so far this year but from what I've seen it certainly ranks up there with the best. If you want a game that you can wrap in a weekend then look elsewhere, if you want an experience that can last for hundreds of hours then Monster Hunter 3 looks to be the best offering of its type currently on the Wii.

Back