Imagine the next nintendo console

0,1425,i=22132,00.jpg

Apple Guy said:
Nintendo will go bust
Next in line is Chintendo Vii!
Yay! Nintendo totally stole their idea for the Wii.

I hope Chintendo sure them for all they have :lol:

only in 16:9 format though, even then its no longer considered HD by todays standards. When HD first hit the market pretty much anything better than 480i in a 16:9 format signal was HD.

Now 480p 16:9 is considered ED, although alot of manufacturers still list it as HD to nab a uniformed buyer. By 2012 or whenever the New gens start rolling out i bet 1080 will pretty much be industry standard for every one.

Although they will probably pop out with 2160 as the new HD by that time and everyone will still complain, although only a handful of people will acctual own something like that at the time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We always complain about the things we don't need or can't use.

FRuMMaGe said:
Technically the Wii is HD (though only 480p)
No, it's not. Standard definition is 480 lines, progressive or interlaced. Resolution is resolution. "High definition" implies more than the standard definition of 480 lines. Increasing video quality by going from interlaced to progressive is nice and all, but it's not increasing "definition" and hence is not "HD".

Wikipedia agrees with me:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Def#Standard_Display_Resolutions

You're getting confused like so many other people, because most people don't experience 480p until they get an HDTV. 480p is not in and of itself HD though. Long before HD there were devices that could display 480p.

sremick said:
No, it's not. Standard definition is 480 lines, progressive or interlaced. Resolution is resolution. "High definition" implies more than the standard definition of 480 lines. Increasing video quality by going from interlaced to progressive is nice and all, but it's not increasing "definition" and hence is not "HD".

Wikipedia agrees with me:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Def#Standard_Display_Resolutions

You're getting confused like so many other people, because most people don't experience 480p until they get an HDTV. 480p is not in and of itself HD though. Long before HD there were devices that could display 480p.
Ok thanks :yesnod:

It's too early right now since HD tvs have not hit mass market prices of 200-300 dollars. I think the next system will be more powerful yet there is so much that could change the landscape. I'm really curious as to what happens with the GPU stuff and the CPU stuff. Then you have stuff that could actually be used on the Wii like a Wiimote for a sensor bar. Sony is actually making a big push for Oled displays which is good for HD tvs and could drop the price a whole lot. Like always when some thing bigs hits I'll be on here talking about it.

Nintendo box its just a box...and its purple.....damn it they all ready did that damn it!!!!!!!!!!..................chintendo vii

Back