important question

mercenary634

WiiChat Member
Sep 28, 2006
important questions

Im worried that this game twilight princess will give me arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrom, etc. because of the constant wrist flicking motion to use the sword. does anybody agree with me? and also is it possible to switch the wii controls so instead of the wrist flicking u can use the b button to swing the sword, and use a circle motion for a spin attack?

oh and this is really funny but, what about at the end of the game this happens:

Ganondorf: U may have beaten me Link but.....I AM YOUR FATHER!!!!!!!!!

Link: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
ok well fist...you could just mover your hand a little and it would swing the sword

No you can not switch it

And the Star Wars thing...would just be funny...but never would we see that in a zelda game

Link: eh.... you sucked as a dad.... This is payback for alwayse have to live with grandma ...

Ganondorf: oh and ZELDA IS YOUR SISTER... HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Link: :scared: GOD NO!!!!!! AHAHAHAHHHHHHHH!!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!!!!:sick:

sorry, not trying to take your thunder, but when you posted what you did, this poped into my head.

Last edited:
White-Wolf said:

Link: eh!!!! you sucked as a dad.... why did i alwayse have to live with grandma ...

Ganondorf: oh and ZELDA IS YOUR SISTER!!!!!!!!!

Link: GOD NO!!!!!! AHAHAHAHHHHHHHH!!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!!!! WILL I EVER LOVE AGAIN!!!?????

sorry, not trying to take your thunder, but when you posted what you did, this poped into my head.
LMAO...

NOOOOO I F***ED My SISTER!!!

I do hope they let you choose what controler setup you can use, but if they dont, just get yourself a good futuro brace

White-Wolf said:
I do hope they let you choose what controler setup you can use, but if they dont, just get yourself a good futuro brace

Why don't you just by the one for Gamecube? it has the classic controles

motion sensor does not apply to sword swinging in LoZ:TP for wii... if youd have watched the demo video of it at one of their conferences, you of heard them clearly say "lock with the B button, then swing with A button", the only motion youd do is a little twirl with yer wiimote, but the motion wouldnt strain the wrist, since it would be in motion and not stuck in an akward position, to come down with carpul tunnel(sp?)

Demon Slayer said:
Why don't you just by the one for Gamecube? it has the classic controles

NO AMERICAN VERSION!

and u dont have to flick it hard just a gental flick!

and now u guys are turnin zelda into last nyt episode of jerry springer.

actualy thier will be a amarican version. That was debunked.
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/19/zelda-twilight-princess-for-gamecube-is-no-more/

as near as I can tell, this is what happend.

people found out zelda would be out for wii, so they naturaly think the controler swing would make link swing his sword.

E3 comes around and the say you use B or A or whatever. They say it will be to tireing to swing all day. People complain ( at least thats my guess)

A few mounths later, The creater of zelda changed the controles again!!! now to do a normal swing, you must swing the controler. Its not full range, but you do swing the sword now to attack. Links spin attacks still works the smae. I have only seen a very short video of this. I will have to digg around to get the article i saw this in. This was posted after the orginal setup was unvaled at e3. They said this lets you use the trigger B? to attack with the bow, and makes the bow work alot better too. Before you used the dpad to fire the bow.

edit: dident find the article but I found a utube video of the new controles. I will keep looking for article

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYmqpXRxXS8

You will note in the video that he uses his left hand (nunchuck) to do a shield bash. How cool is that?

This is why link is left handed in the gc version and right handed in the wii version so when you move your right hand (most people are right handed) link swings his sword. I hear to do this, that they had to flip the entire game, levels and all. I havent found actual confermation on this that the entire game is flipped though, but it has been said before. Maybe they have found a better fix and figured how to just flip link.

found an article too, but i remember seeing one that talked about how the buttons shifted around to be better becuse of the free button or something
http://digg.com/videos_gaming/Zelda_Twilight_Princess_new_control_mechanics_in_action

this is the older demo of the old controles.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1075816309067622531&q=zelda+wii&hl=en

In this the map is flipped. I do not know if this was a temp fix to show of the controles and later they will go back and fix link for real, or just flip all of tp and not bother. I dont think we will know untill we get the game, or even untill the gamecube version comes out.

Last edited:
Back