Impossilbe for me to Connect with Linksys router

RyanSmall

WiiChat Member
Feb 5, 2007
Ok apparenlty i CANNOT get on the internet through the wii with my wireless router. I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 router and ive seen many many people with linksys routers who have had a lot of troulbe. very few of them got past the problem though and ive tryed ALL the solutions of those peple who have got past it. and MANY MANY more.
ive been chganging every setting i could fins on my wireless setup page found at http://192.168.1.1 but i keep getting the same error code: 52130, along with other slight variations of this code. can anyone give me a few solutions that i probly havent try? (i cant even list of the things i HAVE tryed, so sorry) and dont even suggest changing the channel of my router cause ive been through pretty much all of them including 1 and 11.
Thank you

no not that i can think of.
but i thnk i almost have the problem fixed. i tryed connecting it manually by putting all the ip and subnet mask stuff in manually and i use the same ip as my computer and it says that its already in use. so that seems like a step forward. is there a way i can create of find an ip to put in my wii?

If you disable your routers firewall it works, I had the same problem.

Same model linksys too, if you need help disabling your routers firewall, I can take a screenshot for you.

yes that would be great. im runngin out of options here
thanks

sigh* apparently there is no firewall on mine. i dont have the option you have. any other siggestions?

print screen your router page for me, I'm sure every linksys model has one your setup is just diffrent, if i can see a screenshot maybe I can figure out where it is..

ha.. sorry how do i post a picture? ill get back to you in a few hours with it

Ok one open your router then hit the Print screen button (prnt scrn) on keyboard mine says in full "Print Screen" it should be above inser to the left of scroll lock and to the right of F12

then open something like Paint (assuming you don't own photoshop or whatever) and past it expand its size to fit the screenshot, export it as jpg.

then make a new post here manage attatchments, hit browse find the pic on your pc click ok upload, close that box and submit your reply ! :D

have the channel at either 1 or 11 (that's what the recording told me when i called nintendo) i have a linksys and i have no problem and the router and the wii is on separate floors

dont even talk to me about changing the channel. i been through that and so much more things that works for everyone else and it wont work. thank you though

Well if your not worried about other people using your internet connection you can disable "block anonymous internet requests" and see if that changes anything. Thats how mine is set up because I like to be able to connect new things to it without having to set a whole bunch of **** up. I live in an old house that has thick lead walls that the signal couldn't get out of anyway so unless someone is living in my house (I better check under my bed for Michael Jackson) then I don't think anyone is going to steal my internet. My neighbors don't do much with computers so I don't think they would even know how anyway.

Back